Khabib will beat Tony easily - this is my proofs

Charnel2500

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Edson Barboza has maybe the best takedown defence in division (6 takedowns in 17 fights before Khabib fight) and he was completely destroyed on the ground.

Kevin Lee which is number 7 in ranking, took Tony down easily. Lee also control him 2 minutes on the ground in the 1st round and was for 30 second in full mount. He also take him down in 3rd round, when he was much tired. Khabib has better cardio than Lee and brutal gnp.

In addition Tony dont have KO power like Conor, so chance for lucky punch is low.

I know that Tony have a chance to submit Khabib, but Khabib is too good on the ground and also if Khabib will give Tony such brutal gnp like in Barboza fight half-conscious Tony will think only to survive.

Last edited:
Your 'proofs' = nothing more than 'opinionz'

You got no proof before the fight is done.

I think you mistake points for proof, but you do make some good points.

Tony is an underdog for this fight that's for sure.

I get it, in your world, typing into a Sherdog text box makes proofz automatic. Brilliant TS.

Love the effort though.

A) MMA math, B) There's a difference between having great TD defense, and being very good on the ground, Tony is, and C) Post this shit with your real account.

Thread title said “proofs”.......no “proofs” inside!

Khabib doesn’t has the gastank for round 4 and 5.
Tony wins this one by crazy

Oh no! Tony will get taken down! Whatever will he do!

Lol, seriously?

You can look at this two ways, the one you already pointed out in that Khabib could make Tony go into survival mode with his GNP.

My theory, however, is that Khabib's GNP won't be nearly as effective against Tony, because he will constantly be defending and having to look out for submissions.

The type of fighter who is going to beat Khabib isn't the type of fighter who can stuff his takedowns, because he'll still get pressed against the cage all night. Tony doesn't give a single fuck if he gets taken down, and probably won't even try to defend it.

He's tricky enough to tap anyone in that division if given the opportunity, and trust me, Khabib will be giving him plenty of opportunities.

Edson had no defense against Khabib's style of wrestling. Khabib is a strong wrestler. He has that build. He bulldozed Edson to the fence and tried to lift him up by the thighs. Edson tried to prevent that by instinctively spreading his legs. But in doing so, he went to a lower elevation, lost his posture and thus his position to counter-attack.

I don't think Edson prepared his defense well for that fight. He must have thought his stand-up game combined with his traditional tdd would be enough.

As a Tony fan, I hope he does not make the same mistakes, and prepare his defense well. Tibau did a good job. My worry is his hope for victory from full guard may not materialize.

Proof? Proof? Where the fuck is the proof you mentioned?

Edson Barboza has maybe the best takedown defence in division (6 takedowns in 17 fights before Khabib fight) and he was completely destroyed on the ground.

Kevin Lee which is number 7 in ranking, took Tony down easily. Lee also control him 2 minutes on the ground in the 1st round and was for 30 second in full mount. He also take him down in 3rd round, when he was much tired. Khabib has better cardio than Lee and brutal gnp.

In addition Tony dont have KO power like Conor, so chance for lucky punch is low.

I know that Tony have a chance to submit Khabib, but Khabib is too good on the ground and also if Khabib will give Tony such brutal gnp like in Barboza fight half-conscious Tony will think only to survive.
Best breakdown Ive seen on sherdog can't wait to bump this when mr legacy smashes Tony

Best breakdown Ive seen on sherdog can't wait to bump this when mr legacy smashes Tony
This, but unironically. People who think Ferguson will submit Khabib are in for a nasty reality check when they realize Khabib is a grappler multiple levels above Ferguson and was outgrappling world level BJJ brown and blackbelts in BJJ matches while Ferguson was a purple belt himself.

I favor Khabib because Tony is too comfortable on his back. I think he will be surprised when all of the stuff he likes to do off his back in other fights doesn't work and he starts to take a serious beating. I don't think Tony has KO power to stop Khabib standing and he doesn't have the TDD to stop the fight from ending up on the floor. I could envision Tony winning by cut stoppage via elbow or possibly surviving long enough for Khabib to gas out in round 5 or something but I don't think those scenarios are most likely.

Back