Khabib vs Volk

Volk would likely be on his back most of the fight.

I've always wondered why Islams approach to fighting is wildly different from khabib considering how big they both are in grappling. Khabib has always had stellar cardio so I wonder if that played a part vs how Islam fights. I know Islam striking has gotten better over time but this probably wasn't a factor early in his carser.

Khabib wins every round and the decision.

If khabib can control volk on the ground then probably khabib unless he gets tired. Volk is hard for any wrestler I imagine

Personally I'd pick Volk, Islam's wrestling wasn't enough to beat Volk both times, his striking saved him.

I think Volk keeps it standing or the few times he gets taken down he gets back up and outstrikes Khabib on the feet.

Anyone with outstanding TDD is a horrendous match up for Khabib because he's one dimensional (if he had Islam's striking it would be a different story).

Imo Khabib's wrestling is only a little bit better than Islam's, not significantly better.

Volk doesn’t hit hard enough to trouble Khabib

Khabib is like a tank and would chain wrestle like fuck

He definitely beats volk, Charles and Islam too. It sometimes pisses me off he retired in his prime, as he was only getting better. He may lack quantity, but certainly not quality

He made top fighters look like bums
Have to agree. He was a tank and he had will-breaking spirit and skills.
He also knew when to quit. Fuck records and goat talk if you truly believe there's no real mean or challenge left.

Khabibs gnp was pretty pillow fisted. An Volk is a tough dude.

Neither has great stand up maybe Volk better due to his leg kicks and power edge. Close.

Ground - huge edge for Khabib over anyone in mma. Not close.

Cardio - huge edge for Volk as Khabib can go a solid 2 rds then he starts fading while Volk can go all 25.

Its a bad match up for Khabib. As Khabib either in some form chokes you or gets a 5-0 dec. He can't finish people with his gnp even with all the dominate position time hes had . Sure he will win first 2 rds with ease but When he starts to gas Volks still going . Khabibs got to finish Alex in 1 or 2 but noone it seems can choke Volk.

A toss up for me. Would depend on how bad Volk lost rds 1 or 2 and how rd 3 went.

Slight edge to Khabib but actually really close

How does khabib takedown volk if Islam couldn't do it?

Only 1 notable TD.

only round 1 and round 4. Volk did pretty good defending the TDs

LOL at this guy contradicting himself more than once. First it was "Islam couldn't do it", then when pointed out that it was wrong he went, "only 1", then "only round 1 and 4". In the end none of these statements are correct. lol.

Khabib would break Volk down. Too relentless, chin is pure iron and his ground game was unmatched. Takes Volk to hades and either subs him or GnP stoppage inside 3.

Not sure how Volk can [realistically] win tbh.

Back