Khabib vs top10 WW

GOATtalks

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
After seeing a ridiculous thread on how Nate would beat Khabib at 170, I started to think how Khabib would fair against top10 guys at WW. Here’s my take:

1. Usman would probably beat him quite comfortably. Weight classes exist for a reason, he’s just too big and strong. He would stop Khabib’s takedown’s and if they stay standing, Usman’s striking is on another level.
80/20 Usman

2. Colby would outwork Khabib in the later rounds. He’s a bit bigger, fights at a higher pace and has better cardio than Khabib. I imagine Khabib winning first 2-3 rounds though.
60/40 Colby

3. Wonderboy would be a tough opponent for Khabib. He’s very long, has amazing movement, great TDD and he’s lethal at countering. Khabib would have a hard time to close the distance, he would wrestlefuck WB if he could catch him though.
60/40 Wonderboy

4. Edwards fight would be competitive, but Leon would probably lose every round by lack of activity. Khabib would mostly likely win due to his constant pressure.
80/20 Khabib

5. Burns would probably beat Khabib in BJJ competition, but Khabib is better at MMA grappling. Burns has more power though, so maybe if he lands he could KO Khabib. Not sure about this one.
55/45 Khabib

6. Masvidal is by far the easiest fight for Khabib at 170. Jorge would have a punchers chance and he could probably be competitive for the first few rounds.
80/20 Khabib

7. Luque is bigger and a much better striker than Khabib, with a solid ground game. Honestly don’t know who to pick here.
50/50

8. Chiesa is a full on grappler and that’s probably not the recipe to beat Khabib. I can see Chiesa being too aggressive with submission attempts and getting caught himself in the process.
70/30 Khabib

9. Khabib beats Magny.
90/10 Khabib

10. And Belal Muhammad as well.
90/10 Khabib

Hes retired...

I dont care...

Just like i dont care about chuck liddell vs top 10 lhws...even though im a huge iceman fan..

Let it go ...

Khabibs gone

Khabib never changed weight classes.

He cleaned out the division, and I respect that. As should you.

There's not ONE SINGLE decent argument as to why you would have to change weight class in order to become great or GOAT.

I hate to say this but your hate won’t change what Justin already stated no man under 185 can beat the Habib

Great hypotheticals.

Habib.0.jpg

There's not ONE SINGLE decent argument as to why you would have to change weight class in order to become great or GOAT.
There are a lot of arguments on why 2nd belt is needed to be the GOAT.

First of all, it’s extremely hard to do. Look at Max, Izzy, TJ, Aldo failing to capture that 2nd belt. Even Jones is doubtful of achieving that. Beating a champion at a higher weight class is much harder than just beating a contender at your own height.

Secondly, it’s almost impossible to surpass dominant champions with 2 belts in GOAT rankings, without having that 2nd belt. I don’t like GSP, but he’s the GOAT and getting that 2nd belt solidified his place at the top.

Fucking lol at giving Chiesa a 30% at beating Khabib, and I like Chiesa.

Luque also gets obliterated, grappled into exhaustion and then submitted.
Chiesa has submitted guys like Beneil Dariush and Jim Miller. And he’s huge at 170. He definitely has a chance.

Apart from Usman and Colby who will be a problem for Khabib. I don't see the rest of the WW division ever beating him.

I respect guys don’t wanting to move up. In most cases it is a good decision. However, guys that dont move up to fight some top fighters at a higher weightclass have nothing to do in the goat talks.. and there Are good arguments for it.

I respect guys don’t wanting to move up. In most cases it is a good decision. However, guys that dont move up to fight some top fighters at a higher weightclass have nothing to do in the goat talks.. and there Are good arguments for it.

Provide some.

There are a lot of arguments on why 2nd belt is needed to be the GOAT.

First of all, it’s extremely hard to do. Look at Max, Izzy, TJ, Aldo failing to capture that 2nd belt. Even Jones is doubtful of achieving that. Beating a champion at a higher weight class is much harder than just beating a contender at your own height.

Height or weight? Did you spell that out wrong?

And it's cool and all. Is McGregor better by capturing the belt at two divisions than Jones defending his belt at lhw?

We have weightclasses because it is too tough to fight bigger guys.

Sure. So McGregor is better than Jones. McGregor captured the belt at a higher weightclass, Jones never did.

Height or weight? Did you spell that out wrong?

And it's cool and all. Is McGregor better by capturing the belt at two divisions than Jones defending his belt at lhw?
Weight. It was a typo.

I specifically wrote dominant champions with 2 belts. Of course Jones ranks much higher than Conor and would be the clear cut GOAT if he would get that HW strap

Well said.

A necessary condition for even being in the discussion is proving your skills can overcome a significant size disadvantage against high-level fighters. It's not easy to do which is why the list is short.

Jones seems to be the only exception to this rule.

Multiple PED offences, still GOAT, never changed weight class, still GOAT.

Funny how criteria changes depending on the fighter

Can't wait for the first Triple Champ so all other GOAT candidates can fuk off, Jonea probably still survives that though according to his sociopath fans.

I think Khabib can take Usman.
<Fedor23>
I agree. It's funny because Usman is definitely a bigger fighter and quite physical (really his best strength) but if you rewatch Khabib's fights, you see how tightly he clinches and how Usman tends to avoid that, and realize Khabib may be able to win handily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back