• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Khabib vs. Ferguson Official For April 18th in Brooklyn (Mega)

Who Wins?

• Khabib Nurmagomedov

• Tony Ferguson

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The key for Tony is making Khabib work for everything early, while avoiding serious damage. Make it a battle of attrition where he's made Khabib expend a lot of energy through 2-3 rounds but without anton to show for it other than maybe winning the rounds (in other words not doing serious damage with gnp).

Fights can change late when the guy who needs to grapple gets a bit tired from pushing a frenetic pace, as long as the opponent isn't gassed. And Tony's cardio should hold up IF he doesn't absorb huge, prolonged damage. If he does, could be a different story.

C

Conor is on Tony's level tbh and is a bigger win than anyone Tony's beaten. Prove me wrong. And then there's Poirier who could actually beat Tony.

Conor is 2-2 above 145 in the UFC. 1 KO win, 1 razor close majority dec. 2 stoppage losses.

Tony has won 12 in a row at LW with 9 finishes.

Yeah...at best we can day the sample size is too small to actually evaluate how good Conor is above FW. AT BEST. We know how good Tony is. He's been winning and finishing guys without a loss at LW for 8 years running.

What has he proven? He's a top level guy? Thats it.

He's also lost fights and been in serious trouble in a number of fights. He's a great fighter but he's only proven that he is a top level guy, not the alpha.

Lol @ most proven of all time, guy's never even been the champ.
he has proven he can finish you standing, on the ground on bottom or top. 25 wins with 20 of them being finishes. Any other questions??

Could be. Will be an extremely boring fight then, since Khabib can't generate any gnp from that position either if he stays there.

In order to do any damage at all, Khabib either needs to posture up or pass. Both of which allow Tony room to get things done. That will be a big key imo-what happens when Khabib tries to open up and generate real offense and not just control Tony. But...that being said I could see Khabib be more conservative here than he's been due to the opponent, which sadly may mean a less exciting fight than we expect.

khabib doesn't do the majority of his gnp in his opponents guard anyways. We'll see if Tony can keep him there, which i really doubt.

Tony is going to elbow Mr. Snowcone's face off.

What has he proven? He's a top level guy? Thats it.

He's also lost fights and been in serious trouble in a number of fights. He's a great fighter but he's only proven that he is a top level guy, not the alpha.

Lol @ most proven of all time, guy's never even been the champ.

What has Khabib proven? Take A long hard look at that record and tell me what exactly is so impressive about it? How many great opponents has he really defeated in his career? Conor is the biggest win of his career, a man this entire forum is convinced absolutely sucks as a fighter. GSP and Jones, Khabib is not.. This man has a lot to prove.

I used to think that (though I still thing Khabib would win a close grueling fight) but I'm not so sure anymore.

Khabib is such a complete and elite grappler I'm now thinking he might be too positionally aware to put himself in a position that would allow Tony to open up with the elbows like Pettis and others have done.

I also don't think Tony can out strike Khabib, Khabibs style of Boxing looks ugly from a fundamental stand point but he really doesn't put himself in terrible positions that often and the threat of the takedown weighs so heavily on his opponents minds they over react to everything he does and he's aware of that and takes advantage of it.

I expect this too be a great fight and the fight we will look back on as a defining moment for both but unless Tony can out last Khabib while doing enough damage to take advantage of being the fresher man in round 5 (picture Aldo vs Hominick type situation) and score a late come from behind finish I don't really see him winning.

65/35 Khabib in my opinion.

You should go train some grappling/ jiujitsu so you wouldnt sound like a clueless noob. See noob, grappling is about controlling space and position. Khabib is a master of that. He will be in a position where Tony wont have any space to throw elbows from the bottom because Khabib will insist on only working from half guard.

Seriously anyone who thinks Tony will win by elbowing Khabib of all people from the bottom just exposes themselves as a clueless noob who has never trained.

the one thing u r missing is that it takes two to tango and it’s not like Khabib can impose his will and always stay safe. I mean he does kinda do that to most of his opponents but He has been tagged before and Tony will be by far the best fighter he has ever faced.

IF Tony is good enough, he will be making it very hard for Khabib to maintain half guard and create scrambles.

this is why they fight in the cage and not in our fan fiction as if this was Superman vs Goku.

C

Conor is on Tony's level tbh and is a bigger win than anyone Tony's beaten. Prove me wrong. And then there's Poirier who could actually beat Tony.

Tony at LW: 15-1
Conor at LW: 1-1
Poirier at LW: 9-2-1

Poirier is very good, we don't know about Conor

Tony is crazily good.

It’s a great match up.two guys with great tanks. Different skill sets. Good,chin on khabib and amazing recovery for tony. I’m glad it is going yo happen before it’s too late. Fingers crossed.

Khabib is on another level of grappling and fighting! MJ beat Tony soundly and Khabib has evolved way past anyone in that weight class
lol let's stop being retarded bringing up fights from 7 years ago like MJ and Tibau, they both did evolve a lot.

Tony has the best guard of the division. Khabib had his takedowns stuffed and was somewhat close to being finished (Poirier). Tony is a very real threat, Khabib IS NOT untouchable. If you think otherwise then I'm sorry but you are a moron, I've seen Khabib fight a lot and he isn't on 'another level' of grappling, at least not against Fergy.

Tony at LW: 15-1
Conor at LW: 1-1
Poirier at LW: 9-2-1

Poirier is very good, we don't know about Conor

Tony is crazily good.

Conor had the best performance over a champion at 155 in the last decade. That's how good he is.

Conor had the best performance over a champion at 155 in the last decade. That's how good he is.
A guy in ONE just destroyed alvarez faster and better than Conor did, come on now. One win doesn't say shit.

Nate fucking Diaz is a gatekeeper who got toyed by the likes of Josh Thompson and Benson Henderson kicked Conor's ass too.

Nah, Conor is arguably the best at FW, but not on LW and WW, sorry.

Well, he is on a great run, but people do pretend like it is some unparalleled thing never seen before in MMA.

Look at his record.

70% of his wins are either cans or washed up has-beens.

Conor is 2-2 above 145 in the UFC. 1 KO win, 1 razor close majority dec. 2 stoppage losses.

Tony has won 12 in a row at LW with 9 finishes.

Yeah...at best we can day the sample size is too small to actually evaluate how good Conor is above FW. AT BEST. We know how good Tony is. He's been winning and finishing guys without a loss at LW for 8 years running.

His performance against Alvarez (who was the champion at the time) is enough proof that he is really good at 155. Nate Diaz is just a bad matchup for him (height, reach, boxing, southpaw, chin) and Conor was still able to make the right adjustments to win the rematch. Khabib on the other hand beats everyone at 155 tbh and Conor is the only person since Tibau to win a round against Khabib.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back