• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

khabib vs colby covington

in freestylee rules sure its a lot like how gsp was amazing at takedowns for mma when he really only used like 4 moves he was just so explosive at getting in

khabib is different in that he really needs that fence or hes shooting sloppy low singles from distance which is very dangerous the wall isnt wrestling its totally an element for mma only with takedowns and defense
To your point, Khabib allegedly got outwrestled in the AKA room by Boris Novachkov. Granted, Boris is an Olympian and DI All American but he's probably only a slightly better overall wrestler than Colby Covington.

With all the insane wrestling talent in the AKA room, from all levels and all walks of life, they should promote their own wrestling events.

Khabib has the more dangerous/aggressive game and is better in other aspects of the game too

To your point, Khabib allegedly got outwrestled in the AKA room by Boris Novachkov. Granted, Boris is an Olympian and DI All American but he's probably only a slightly better overall wrestler than Colby Covington.

With all the insane wrestling talent in the AKA room, from all levels and all walks of life, they should promote their own wrestling events.
I buy it. Even the wrestlers at AKA outwrestle him regularly. Shawn Bunch said Khabib couldn't do much to him when they wrestled. As far as pure wrestler goes, Khabib is not there. But as far as combat grappler goes, I think he's the best imo.

were you refering to striking
I think khabib is a more effective striker. He might be better too although it looks unorthodox.

Usman fight against himself and usman against masvidal proved that his striking wasn't world class

colby made it look competitive on the feet where as masvidal was outclassing him on the feet and he didn't feel comfortable.

to me khabib seems like a jack of all trades takedown artist i see a big difference in his approach to shooting for the legs vs d1 guys who are much smoother

the over under game is still quite weak in mma lots of pros dont really even know what to do there in terms of offense unless they wrestled well khabibs upper body attacks greatly helped him and just the threat

I think khabib is a more effective striker. He might be better too although it looks unorthodox.

Usman fight against himself and usman against masvidal proved that his striking wasn't world class

colby made it look competitive on the feet where as masvidal was outclassing him on the feet and he didn't feel comfortable.

i find it hard for me to accept that given colby vs robbie lawler colbys getting better and better as well khabib is quite herky jerky khabibs super erect up right stance i feel hurts his striking as well with hsi chin straight in the air surprised he doesnt fight out of a crouch more like other wresters do to make the level change easier

i find it hard for me to accept that given colby vs robbie lawler colbys getting better and better as well khabib is quite herky jerky khabibs super erect up right stance i feel hurts his striking as well with hsi chin straight in the air surprised he doesnt fight out of a crouch more like other wresters do to make the level change easier
The jerky is what makes him effective. Nokia one can get his timing down. All the strikers have commented on it. Mixed in with his takedown threat, it's very annoying for them

Ignoring credentials and 2nd hand stories and only watching fights, I find Colby's takedowns to be better than Khabibs, but Khabibs top game is better. As far as overall fighting I would say Colby would win if they where the same size. He can stop Khabibs game whereas Khabib can't stop his.

Of course we can only judge on what we see. Khabib might put Colby down in the first scramble and it turns out Khabib can hold him down and smash him. I doubt it.

Back