Khabib tried to armbar Justin then says he didn’t want to break his arm?

EHCSROP

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So end of the first round he goes for a armbar and time runs out. Finished fight by choking g him out next round and he says he didn’t want to hurt Justin by breaking his arm So he went to a different submission.

then Havier says he could’ve finished Conor early but wanted to punish him. Damn he must’ve really hated Iaquinta, Barbosa and dos anjos.

This is usman 30% level-esk our here in these streets.

Khabib was in fact in position to finish that armbar, but he never really went for it which baffled me when watching the fight.

All he had to do was kick out Justin’s defending arm with his inside leg and take that arm home.

I think he changed his mind after the first round. Or maybe he's savant that used the first armbar as a set-up to bait with the second armbar. Gaethje thinks the armbar is coming again which allows Khabib to finish with the mounted triangle he wanted all along.

I heard Renner Gracie talk about this in his breakdown. It was always going to end by triangle. The armbars were just smoke.

So end of the first round he goes for a armbar and time runs out. Finished fight by choking g him out next round and he says he didn’t want to hurt Justin by breaking his arm So he went to a different submission.

then Havier says he could’ve finished Conor early but wanted to punish him. Damn he must’ve really hated Iaquinta, Barbosa and dos anjos.

This is usman 30% level-esk our here in these streets.

He was setting him up with the first arm bar attempt. He heard Justin say he wouldn’t tap, and didn’t want to break his arm. Obviously he would just break it if he would have got it. Just like Justin was full of shit by saying he wouldn’t tap, we all saw him begging Abu Dhabi Mazzagotti for mercy to no avail. People say shit that’s not always true. Welcome to life bro. Enjoy it.

I mean what kind of sadistic asshole wants to break someone’s arm ina fight? Frank Murr? He heard Justin say he wouldn’t tap and probably believed him. Khabib doesn’t want to do that, only assholes want to inflict a career altering injury on someone. But if Khabib is eating leg kicks like that and got popped a couple times by Justin swinging hard, he was probably like fuck Justin’s arm, I’m not gonna lose.

Khabib was in fact in position to finish that armbar, but he never really went for it which baffled me when watching the fight.

All he had to do was kick out Justin’s defending arm with his inside leg and take that arm home.
He very clearly missed the armbar attempt. He kicked his left leg over Gaijthe's head as you would with an armbar, but Gaijthe managed to escape his head. Khabib then switched to a modified baratoplata, but he didn't have that secured, either.

He very clearly missed the armbar attempt. He kicked his left leg over Gaijthe's head as you would with an armbar, but Gaijthe managed to escape his head. Khabib then switched to a modified baratoplata, but he didn't have that secured, either.

Two on one and that arm is gone, Khabib spared that boys arm lol.

Geathjes only move would be to try sitting up into Khabibs guard but that arm is in too deep.

674bfcac-9b73-4822-9d42-681514c5dc78.jpg

People are gullible and like to believe in fairy tales told after the fact.

Two on one and that arm is gone, Khabib spared that boys arm lol.

Geathjes only move would be to try sitting up into Khabibs guard but that arm is in too deep.

674bfcac-9b73-4822-9d42-681514c5dc78.jpg
Have you ever done BJJ before? Not being a smartass, I'm genuinely curious. In that position, Gaijthe could scoot his hips back and roll into side control. Khabib could stop him rolling up, but would need to hook Gaijthe's right leg with his right arm, but he wouldn't be able to armbar because he would only have one arm to do so.

Khabib needed to crossface with the outside leg to get the armbar (which he tried and why he ended up in this modified baratoplata when he missed).

I'm open to your thoughts on this though. I could be missing something.

Have you ever done BJJ before? Not being a smartass, I'm genuinely curious. In that position, Gaijthe could scoot his hips back and roll into side control. Khabib could stop him rolling up, but would need to hook Gaijthe's right leg with his right arm, but he wouldn't be able to armbar because he would only have one arm to do so.

Khabib needed to crossface with the outside leg to get the armbar (which he tried and why he ended up in this modified baratoplata when he missed).

I saw it the same way as you.

Way too much space for Justin to move his arm even if Khabib had broken the grip and gotten it out. And with the way Khabib had his right leg, he was essentially blocking the armbar attempt himself.

You still have to use your legs to finish the arm bar in that position as well. I've never seen or made it work myself without them. I could see being able to brute force it on someone who was having their first day on the mats, but not someone who actually trains.

1. Yes, and probably a lot longer than you lol(not trying to be a smart guy lol). Where do you train?

2. Gaethje tried to turn into Khabib, he wasn’t going anywhere which is why he didn’t

3. Here’s the entire sequence sped up: You’re assuming Gaethje was safe because he passed Khabibs leg, Khabib didn’t need to cover JG, he could’ve easily placed his left foot behind under Gaethjes neck and gotten the leverage to finish... he simply never commits to the armbar

xvZHKYb.gif

Thats what i saw.

Even still,if he had time left,the fight would have been over eventually there. He wasnt gonna let Justin out of that predicament

I do think Conor’s antics were more effective than we realize.

Khabib was rattled in that bout, not completely focused in fight w/Conor & jawing back and forth with Danis throughout bout.

A cooler/colder Khabib would’ve ended it earlier against ‘Its only business’.

Then afterwards dude was loco & went into Crouching Tiger... Eagle Launch mode.
JwF70jB.gif

I think he’s pretty much levels above 55ers with his skill set. He’s LW Goat imo.

Last edited:
He baited the armbar and wanted to transition to a triangle but he didnt have time left in the first round..

You can see it in this pic, Khabib switched fast from the arm bar to a kind of bicep slicer or crush or whatever you want to call it. This happened when Khabib kicked his right leg over Justin’s hand.

So if you count is as a sub attempt or not, for the arm bar or bicep slicer, I really don’t care. Khabib finished with a beautifully set up triangle in round two and that’s what counts!

Nobody’s talking about Justin’s bullshit.
He said he’d never tap - which was said to be reason why Khabib went for a choke - but he ended up tapping anyway (but the ref didn’t see it).

My take is that both Justin and Khabib are bullshitting.

1. Yes, and probably a lot longer than you lol(not trying to be a smart guy lol). Where do you train?

2. Gaethje tried to turn into Khabib, he wasn’t going anywhere which is why he didn’t

3. Here’s the entire sequence sped up: You’re assuming Gaethje was safe because he passed Khabibs leg, Khabib didn’t need to cover JG, he could’ve easily placed his left foot behind under Gaethjes neck and gotten the leverage to finish... he simply never commits to the armbar

xvZHKYb.gif

I trained MMA on and off for 10 years. 5 of those years I was training 10hrs a week or thereabouts, so I definitely know what I'm talking about, but I'm always open to hearing others thoughts on things (so long as they know what they are talking about too :)). How long have you been training? What belt are you?

In that sequence Khabib even hooked his leg like I just explained (I didn't notice that until now). THAT'S what prevented Gaijthe reversing him into side control, but as you can see, he had to let go so he could grab onto Gaijthe's arm because you absolutely can't break the grip and secure the armbar with one hand. That IS NOT an armbar position he had Gaijthe in, it's a baratoplata, but Gaijthe would have to be in his guard to finish that. So it was really just a way of stopping Gaijthe reversing him, which is actually very unorthodox and genius.

I've never seen anyone transition from an armbar to a baratoplata before, in fact I've never seen someone attempt a baratoplata before. Khabib's grappling is insane.

After reading all your posts and threads on Khabib, particularly with this fight, I'm starting to suspect you are so mind boggling impressed and fanatical about everything Khabib does that you assume he is incapable of making a mistake. He missed that armbar. It doesn't really matter, seeing as Gaijthe was unconscious a few minutes later anyway.

I thought I heard some dumb shit with people saying Khabib gave his neck to Dustin fucking Poirier on purpose, but this for sure takes the cake.

Back