• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Khabib Reaction to Oliveira's Win

I'd rather the fight be in a more neutral location if I'm being honest

it could be in Brasil as long as they make it, as far as I'm concerned.
but the champ (who has a name, which is Charles Oliveira, in case you missed it) should defend at home rather than "hostile" ground indeed. Islam can defend in abu dhabi later

Islam is from Dagestan.

Unless you mean Abu Dhabi is a home territory for Islam because they're Muslims? Then isn't doing it in America a home advantage for Charles because they're Christian?

Its about time zones. Islam is 1 hour off and an 8 hour less flight.

Champions should have more of the home advantage than the challenger. It has always been that way minus 1 or 2 exceptions.

Unless the argument Charles doesnt deserve a champions advantage due to the weight miss, which is fine, although I disagree.

I like it. Then have Dariush cement his top 3 status by giving him his choice of Dustin or Justin. It's a win win. Charles has to fight Mak or Beneil anyway . Islam obviously the real deal so let's do it. I'll be rooting for my boy do bronx but he will be the underdog and it wont be slight. He still champ in my book ( and in most) and if he upsets Islam where does this guy land all time ?

I though Islam vs. Dariush was already confirmed.

When was this fight supposed to happen?

Champions should have more of the home advantage than the challenger. It has always been that way minus 1 or 2 exceptions.

Unless the argument Charles doesnt deserve a champions advantage due to the weight miss, which is fine, although I disagree.

Charles said he wanted his next fight to be in Brazil.
So if the UFC will not give him Conor, than make Islam fight there.

I agree, the champion dictates the terms, not the challenger.

It's also about shady commissions, and after Charles's experience with the arizona athletic commission, I doubt he wants to go to abu dhabi. More importantly, though, Charles made it clear that he doesn't want to fight until around December. If Islam fights in abu dhabi in october, it can be against Dariush or Chandler.

It's also about shady commissions, and after Charles's experience with the arizona athletic commission, I doubt he wants to go to abu dhabi. More importantly, though, Charles made it clear that he doesn't want to fight until around December. If Islam fights in abu dhabi in october, it can be against Dariush or Chandler.

are you unironically implying that the "commissions" in brazil are more legit?

He's right you know!

<DCWhoa>

Khabib's reactions are like the UFC are against giving Islam a chance. I have to agree it seems like he is moving too slow and they need to give him a fight with either a top rank or title shot. I think he will be gifted the title shot next.

In the updated rankings today, Dariush is now #6

So even if Islam fights him, haters will still say he doesn't have a top 5 win

Khabib's first reaction was to go down in his Mama's basement and thank his God he got out of UFC without having to face Charles. His second reaction was to serve up Islam.

Back