Khabib is the sole reason why this fight didn't already happen.

VVarhead

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Remember when Tony said he wanted the fight in January or February?

And Khabib for some reason said he couldn't fight until April which is a timespan of 8 months since his last fight - a fight in which he took almost ZERO damage.
There was loads of criticism back then when Khabib named April as a date, but for some reason everyone forgot about this.

I'm well aware that Khabib nuthuggers are gonna shit on me for making this thread, but it's the truth, if Khabib wasn't such a diva ever since he beat Conor the fight could've happened in January, or February, or early March.
Remember, he also declined Vegas as a venue, reason being that he didn't think the fine he got was justified. He legitimately thought the athletic commission was in the wrong for fining him for attacking people and endangering the crowd, lol. Truth is, the athletic commission didn't even have a choice but to fine him. Yet Khabib demanded an apology (by a fucking athletic commission that is legally obliged to reprimand such actions) in order to ever fight in Vegas again. So he preferred a venue in a state that is known for the worst MMA judging & reffing in the whole western world.

Just some food for thought. The people demanding Khabib to be stripped aren't entirely wrong, I don't necessarily agree, but I see a valid argument.

Last edited:
Tony knew the future. He could sense a virus coming which is why he wanted it in December

There was a very odd delay for this fight. Not sure how discussions happened for December but ended up in late April instead.

Agreed. Totally unnecessary to take such a long break after fighting Dustin, especially given that he's prepared for Tony 4 times already.

I am sure habib predicted a world pandemic ...

I am sure habib predicted a world pandemic ...

I didn't say such a thing, also I didn't say Khabib is the reason why the scheduled fight (in April) isn't happening, but Khabib is the reason why the fight (the fifth one, not the 4 previous ones) didn't already happen. (He declined earlier dates than April, for no evident reason and took 8 months off even though he was in the USA most of this time.)

Last edited:
Except for 223, and 244 or whatever numbers they were. Just another ridiculous thread. Tony gets equal blame.

I didn't say such a thing, also I didn't say Khabib is the reason why the scheduled fight isn't happening, but Khabib is the reason why the fight didn't already happen.
no it is not.

if tony didn't hurt his knees the fight would ve happen too

if he accepted holloway instead of cowboy, the fight would ve happen in abu dahbi too

etc

Again, this fight is cursed, no need to find scapegoat ...

Athletic commissions and event centers are shutdown across the world at the moment. Khabib has nothing to do with that.
Even if Khabib stayed in America there's nowhere in America Tony and Khabib can fight.

Y'all are going crazy being inside all day.

Khabib critics lacking in basic ability to form a cohesive argument, like always.

No..for sure it was because of this global pandemic

A close second, a slice of Tiramisu

Athletic commissions and event centers are shutdown across the world at the moment. Khabib has nothing to do with that.

Please read the thread before replying. I'm not saying Khabib is the reason why the scheduled fight got cancelled.

no it is not, if tony didn't hurt his knees the fight would ve happen too, if he accepted holloway instead of cowboy, the fight would ve happen in abu dahbi too.

Again, this fight is cursed, no need to find scapegoat ...

We all know both guys pulled out twice out of earlier scheduled fights, that has nothing to do with this topic.
Also Tony had no reason to accept the Holloway fight as he already was #1 Contender, but you're right, UFC pretty much fucked us out of this fight because of booking Poirier vs Khabib which nobody wanted to see, so you definitely have a point.

Please read the thread before replying. I'm not saying Khabib is the reason why the scheduled fight got cancelled.
So you're mad at him for not predicting the future.
Cool bro. Go for a walk.

Well, I think the global pandemic has to take some of the blame tbh. And the cord. And the tiramisu fiasco. Basically, there's plenty of blame to go around.

So you're mad at him for not predicting the future.
Cool bro. Go for a walk.

You intentionally misconstruct my argument and put words in my mouth.
Average IQ of Khabib nuthuggers on display here lol.

Again, for everyone: I'm not saying Khabib is the reason why the scheduled fight in April got cancelled. Try reading threads before replying. Khabib made the right choice in going back to his home country when the pandemic hit. Khabib is not to blame for the fight being cancelled.

We all know both guys pulled out twice out of earlier scheduled fights, that has nothing to do with this topic.
Also Tony had no reason to accept the Holloway fight as he already was #1 Contender, but you're right, UFC pretty much fucked us out of this fight because of booking Poirier vs Khabib which nobody wanted to see, so you definitely have a point.
that s why he fought cowboy 1 month later ...

I don't want to blame tony, unlike u, who want to blame habib.

it is just bad luck, again no need to find scapegoat.

Remember when Tony said he wanted the fight in January or February?

And Khabib for some reason said he couldn't fight until April which is a timespan of 6 months since his last fight - a fight in which he took almost ZERO damage.
There was loads of criticism back then when Khabib named April as a date, but for some reason everyone forgot about this.

I'm well aware that Khabib nuthuggers are gonna shit on me for making this thread, but it's the truth, if Khabib wasn't such a diva ever since he beat Conor the fight could've happened in January, or February, or early March.
Remember, he also declined Vegas as a venue, reason being that he didn't think the fine he got was justified. He legitimately thought the athletic commission was in the wrong for fining him for attacking people and endangering the crowd, lol. Truth is, the athletic commission didn't even have a choice but to fine him. Yet Khabib demanded an apology (by a fucking athletic commission that is legally obliged to reprimand such actions) in order to ever fight in Vegas again. So he preferred a venue in a state that is known for the worst MMA judging & reffing in the whole western world.

Just some food for thought. The people demanding Khabib to be stripped aren't entirely wrong, I don't necessarily agree, but I see a valid argument.
Rule #1 on Sherdog - Nothing is ever Khabib's fault.... ever. It's always someone elses

Oh and Khabib bless and Allamdullalilah or whatever the 3rd line is that they have in their vocabulary.

so he had no reason to accept the Max fight but had all the reasons to accept the Cerrone fight lol.. Cerrone fight did nothing for him and if he fought max he Could've fought Khabib instead of Dustin

so he had no reason to accept the Max fight but had all the reasons to accept the Cerrone fight lol.. Cerrone fight did nothing for him and if he fought max he Could've fought Khabib instead of Dustin

You're really making things up here. The UFC pressed Tony to fight on that card, Tony wanted to fight Khabib in the first place and from the get-go.
He obviously also had no reason to accept the Cerrone fight and I among many others criticized the fight and matchmaking of the UFC, and I heavily criticized the UFC for not just making Khabib vs Tony happen instead of the stupid Khabib vs Poirier and Tony vs Cowboy.

Back