Khabib is afraid to say Tony's name

You didn't answer his question, why did he call out the winner of Dustin vs Max? I mean it's an interim belt after all.
Because he's crazy? I don't know. Why don't you ask Tony? Either way, the idea that Dana White or UFC brass would have given him the shot if he won is some of the most naive shit possible. Look at the situation they're still in, not even willing to put his name on that contract.

It's absolutely pathetic but keep on shilling!

No, tony was just throwing a tantrum. He called out the winner of Dustin vs Max weeks after he was given "one of the most insulting offers"
And what's your point? It literally takes nothing away from every fact I just posted.

Khabib hasn't confirmed whether or not Tony is next. Ali was just in a TMZ video stating that GSP is likely next. Why is Khabib refusing to call out Tony? Every time he gets asked this question he just ignores it or changes the subject. I sense some ducking going on.

Absolutely correct except that he mentions needing to fight Tony in almost every interview. Oh hang on......

Last edited:
And what's your point? It literally takes nothing away from every fact I just posted.

No use arguing with a sherdogger anymore. It is clear you don't have the best sentence de-structuring, common sense, or thought process.

No use arguing with a sherdogger anymore. It is clear you don't have the best sentence de-structuring, common sense, or thought process.
Funny that I literally feel the exact same about you. It was like talking to a wall or a potato.

What was so insulting about it? Tony could of fought Max for the interim title and then fought Khabib. If it was so insulting why did Tony call out the winner of Dustin vs Max?

Tony got his bluff called basically.

Even though having an interim title fight was pointless (Tony was the clear #1 contender-easily could have just scheduled him vs Khabib in Sept) to begin with. They knew when Khabib would be back. They knew Tony was the #1 contender by a mile. Interim belts are supposed to be for when a champ is going to be gone an extended amount of time that's often undetermined. In this case they just wanted to fill a main event slot. They were already planning the "unification fight" for Sept at that point. Tony got put in the spot of having to win his twelfth fight in a row to fight for the actual belt, or turning it down.

We'll see now what happens. If they do the right thing, all Tony did was push his title shot back a few months. If they bypass him and decide merit no longer matters, then yeah Tony not fighting Max likely (and I say likely because the UFC seems to not want Tony near the belt so they may have lowballed him even had he won the interim belt) cost him his chance.

It's messed up that there's even discussion. Jorge Masvidal is 2-2 in his last 4 fights and 6-4 in his last 10 and is talked about as a candidate for the next title fight. Tony has 12 wins in a row with 9 finishes FFS...

Khabib hasn't confirmed whether or not Tony is next. Ali was just in a TMZ video stating that GSP is likely next. Why is Khabib refusing to call out Tony? Every time he gets asked this question he just ignores it or changes the subject. I sense some ducking going on.
he said Tony in his pre-fight interview on ESPN MMAs youtube channel, and in other pre-fight interviews with BT sport, etc. don't you worry. it will happen

Yeah man Khabib really seems scared of another man...
tenor(2).gif

His entire team, including his head coach, said Tony is next. As well as Khabib himself numerous times. I personally can't wait, so dumbasses like you will move onto the next "nightmare" match-up for Khabib

He literally said hundreds of times that tony deserves it, and that tony is next

Funny that I literally feel the exact same about you. It was like talking to a wall or a potato.
Yeah, you tend to project your insecurities on other people, just like the guy you quoted.

Champs do not call out Challengers, Challengers call out Champions. With that Said Khabib had said several times "Tony deserves this". However managers have a job to get their fighters the most money that they can. If Khabib states "I will only fight Tony next that's what I want" he takes away all leverage from his manager and the UFC will pay him as little as possible.

If the UFC says they want Khabib vs GSP in Abu Dhabi at a massive stadium or in Montreal/Toronto at a massive stadium why wouldn't Khabib take that? Its more money assuming PPV sales are higher then vs Tony. It is a bigger accomplishment to beat GSP then Tony. The GSP fight won't be viable for much longer as GSP won't likely take any fight after he is 40 (2 years). Tony is 35 and he can be next or the next after that. I think Tony is next but DW saying "Sure" when asked if the GSP fight was possible is interesting IMO.

Yeah he did but why bring facts into this?
sherdog-logo-white.png

After a year Conor fans are still mad. They need to let it go.

What was so insulting about it? Tony could of fought Max for the interim title and then fought Khabib. If it was so insulting why did Tony call out the winner of Dustin vs Max?

Cuz tony was already intrim champ..and was stripped for no reason..why go thru that again

What does "he hasn't confirmed" even mean? He's signed contracts to fight the guy 4 times already. I tend to watch fights and don't watch managers' interviews on TMZ as much, so I've heard Khabib say Tony is next like 40 times. Since TMZ seems to be the beginning and end of your info, did you also see that Sarah Jessica Parker took a dump at a rest stop in NJ?

Back