• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Khabib in a Ring under Pride rules

gandharva

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
He would be dangerous on the ground with knees and foot stomps, but he will lost his biggest advantage of take advantage of the cage for grappling and take downs.
What do you guys think

He would be dangerous on the ground with knees and foot stomps, but he will lost his biggest advantage of take advantage of the cage for grappling and take downs.
What do you guys think
Seems he was fine without the cage earlier in his career. Don't buy into the pundit bullshit. Chael started this cage myth and everyone ran with it.

It's just one of his tools. I'm sure he had plenty more that's his father never had to gameplan for or use.

He'd just keep taking people down against the ropes and they'd keep restarting until the ref got tired and put them in the ground in the center, like all his fights in the ring

I’m trying to forget about how great a ring is for mma and rules that simulated a fight. Cage and ring are two different worlds.

Imagine how scary Khabib’s reign of terror would be if he started using foot stomps aswell

khabib-nurmagomedov-ufc-229-screengrab.jpg

The octagon heavily favors wrestlers. Which is why Usman can wall and stall on all eight sides

Last edited:
Actually this question sent my mind spinning:

1.) Khabib came from the ring and adapted to the cage so much the wall became his number one tool, utilizing it better and in ways no one had before.

2.) He looked less dominant in his early fights for a variety of reasons obviously, but without the cage he becomes much less dominant imho. Obviously everything here is hypothetical but in his current state he is almost ordinary without the cage. Of course, his game would adapt to a ring too, as my previous point shows he will get good using whatever rules to his advantage. But without the fence with the same game he had in the UFC when he retired? Looks very beatable, still awesome and well rounded, but beatable for sure.

Good Q TS.

I doubt he would still be 29-0 in a ring, but he would still be pretty darn good. All speculation though, we will never know for sure. He's pretty damn good in a cage though!

He is a great fighter.

You could put him in a pit with ramps around it and he would still be a great fighter.

Khabib with foot stomps is even scarier

Stomps and soccer kicks are more for strikers like the Chute Boxe guys (or lunatics like Saku). Hard to do either if your game is top control. Knees to the head on the ground, on the other hand, favor wrestlers (like Coleman). If Khabib were allowed to knee a downed opponent.... ☠️☠️☠️

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back