Khabib has one similarity to Ronda

JustOnce

On Hiatus
Double Yellow Card
Reaction score
Ronda was destroying everyone with her Judo. So is Khabib with her Sambo. The question is really the level of the competition with her or Khabib, in my opinion.

Khabib has really never ever faced a high level wrestler other than that Iranian guy, and whether Tibau was on some good stuff or not, he still arguably lost that fight as well and got out-muscled, though the significance of pushing someone up against the cage and aggression is up to debate as always.

I think Khabib should beat Conor barring a well timed counter or a combo, but I think Conor's grappling isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, nor is Khabib's striking.

It's just that something that has always stood out to me really about Khabib. Compared to guys like GSP, Jon Jones and Weidman, who literally took down every high level wrestlers that they have faced, Khabib, not due to his own faults, never really had a chance to showcase that really, and whether he can or not is up for a debate since it's all speculation.

At the end of the day, Conor is going into a fight where he has nothing to lose. Fans still love him after the loss, and he has plenty of excuses for losing. Khabib has everything to lose. I felt that Conor shouldn't have taken this fight, after such a long lay off, and felt like Woodley is a better match up even for Conor, but I suppose Conor by ko in round 1, and will become the greatest of all time.

Never compare Ronda and Khabib, two completely different levels of skill there.

Ronda fought while her division was still developing. Just for reference, Bethe Correia was in a title fight with Ronda.

You'll never see somebody with that low of a skill level in a title fight at 155 Lbs.

They're similar in their styles, but Khabib isn't cocky with his stand up like Ronda was. He knows that he's not the same level as the rest, and that's why he'll continuously go for take downs at 229.

LOL! @ Khabib's Sombo.

The guy is a ground and pound wrestler with mediocre boxing.

Sombo is a rule set, not necessarily a distinct set of techniques.

Ronda was destroying everyone with her Judo. So is Khabib with her Sambo
<DCWhoa>
pGqg6KC.jpg

Using Honda for comparison is like studying an obese Sherdog incel to understand prime Usain Bolt. The shit just don't work.

Fights like this invite predictions of destruction. In reality both guys usually end up looking human.

Conor fans love to work themselves about Khabib's weaknesses but the reality is a great striker with subpar defensive wrestling and grappling is not in any way the guy to stop an elite wrestler grappler.

Somebody like Ferg, GSP or Kevin Lee would be far worse matchups for Khabib.

I don't think Conor's grapling is much different from Barboza's and we saw how that went.

LOL! @ Khabib's Sombo.

The guy is a ground and pound wrestler with mediocre boxing.

Sombo is a rule set, not necessarily a distinct set of techniques.

Sombo isn't a thing at all. Sambo is, and it is a martial art not a rule set, however it does borrow techniques from other martial arts.

When it comes to grappling, Connies Irish Tier wrestling makes Al Iaquinta look like Dan Gable.

<36>

Last edited:
Conor fans love to work themselves about Khabib's weaknesses but the reality is a great striker with subpar defensive wrestling and grappling is not in any way the guy to stop an elite wrestler grappler.
<CroCop1>

The fact that khabib isn't even fighting in the right gender weight class just shows how special of a fighter she really is.

Ronda was destroying everyone with her Judo. So is Khabib with her Sambo. The question is really the level of the competition with her or Khabib, in my opinion.

Khabib has really never ever faced a high level wrestler other than that Iranian guy, and whether Tibau was on some good stuff or not, he still arguably lost that fight as well and got out-muscled, though the significance of pushing someone up against the cage and aggression is up to debate as always.

I think Khabib should beat Conor barring a well timed counter or a combo, but I think Conor's grappling isn't as bad as some people make it out to be, nor is Khabib's striking.

It's just that something that has always stood out to me really about Khabib. Compared to guys like GSP, Jon Jones and Weidman, who literally took down every high level wrestlers that they have faced, Khabib, not due to his own faults, never really had a chance to showcase that really, and whether he can or not is up for a debate since it's all speculation.

At the end of the day, Conor is going into a fight where he has nothing to lose. Fans still love him after the loss, and he has plenty of excuses for losing. Khabib has everything to lose. I felt that Conor shouldn't have taken this fight, after such a long lay off, and felt like Woodley is a better match up even for Conor, but I suppose Conor by ko in round 1, and will become the greatest of all time.

Ronda is still a high level fighter in her division, just not undefeated nor the best. The same can be said about Khabib. He isn't good enough to remain undefeated, nor is he probably good enough to even be the best. If he faced top tier talent in his true division of 170, he would not be nearly as successful.

I think the thing that everyone misses in all of this he can’t she can’t is: how does Khabib deals with the southpaw stance. From his jab, to how he uses pressure to engage the clinch. I think that is a much more significant than simply boxer vs wrestler.

Back