Khabib fights for legacy. This is the reason he is (and should) not interested in a rematch.

it does seem like Khabib doesn't want an immediate rematch despite the pay day.

Demanding 3 times Conor's pay is obviously ridiculous. Pricing themselves out in favour of a legacy fight. Bring on Tony.

Khabib seems like as money hungry as anyone why else is he pursuing Mayweather for boxing. I had hopes for this guy being a legit great champion but this is straight bullshit from Conor's playbook.
LW is arguably the best division and now we're gonna have back to back champions run away to boxing rather than unify the title with Tony.
He's not stupid enough to go into boxing. This is just making a name of each other. Khabib will fight Tony next, but if the UFC insists on the rematch he's going to annoy the shit out off ufc and Conor.

I can’t believe you guys are missing the point when it’s pretty obvious what’s going on here. So I’m reading a lot of “I thought he fights for legacy only” and these comments have over 50 likes and what’s why I know many of you are thinking alike, unbelievable.

A rematch against Conor doesn’t add much value to Khabib's legacy and sorry to tell you but it’s that simple. Even Floyd thought that a Pacquiao rematch was pointless and he won via decision. He might or not rematch him but that will not affect his legacy at all. Khabib was so dominant in that fight that no fanboy or hater can touch Khabib’s legacy, his legacy is untouchable. If anybody claims that he was scared of losing a rematch we can just easily laugh in the face of that person. When a fight is to close and competitive then a fighters legacy can somewhat be effected for not accepting a rematch.

So hopefully we are clear about the legacy topic. Now next question is who wants more and needs more the rematch? Easy answer: Conor. So why would Khabib help an a*hole and his obsessions? Is the responsibility of a decent person to beat up (not literally) any a*hole living in this world and make his/her life harder if the opportunity is there. If you guys fail to realize that this is exactly what's going on then you’re naive.

Conclusion: If he’s not fighting for legacy, then he should be fighting for a ridiculous amount of money just to f*up Conor where it hurts him the most (money) and then beat him again in the fight.

The only way I can see Conor affecting Khabib’s legacy is if he start beating up a bunch of LW’s and then he formally challenge Khabib. But we all know this is not happening since he loves shortcuts.
Agreed. Khabib doesn't need Conor. Conor needs him (if he wants to get back his respect and dignity)

He needs to defend against Tony

If you want to talk goat then you have to defend the belt a number of times

GSP
Anderson Silva
Jones
Miocic
Woodley have defended multiple times

Of course he would ask for more money. Why would he want to make Conman rich while he just humiliated him a week ago in front of millions? Give the man some real fights that will add value to his record and legacy, and let Conor give a re-match to those he denied in the past, like Aldo.

I haven't seen a single poster advocating for the rematch, now im sure some are, but the general concesus is he should fight Tony.

A poll was just conducted with the vast majority voting for Khabib vs Tony

With Khabib vs GSP in 2nd.

Only one's talking about Khabib vs Conor is Khabib and Conor, which is why Khabib is getting critisized for his legacy only comment. Especially with him calling out Floyed Mayweather.

Khabib has the easiest record of all the champs today, legacy wise he is the new Conor, all flash with little substance.

Realistically he has 1 top 5 win in his entire career. Conor has 1 win @ LW from several years ago, and has maintained his ranking through nothing more than popularity, something i refuse to give credibility to.

Khabib has a great oppurtunity to build a great legacy, sadly it appears he's just another Conor, solely interested in $$

yea they just said they wanted 3 times what conor makes for a rematch.

Because that's never gonna happen, hence no rematch, get it? The money bit is a jab to Conor and the UFC for being absolute whores, doing whatever bullshit to make money. He would be willing to fight Ferguson for significantly less, and that fight adds to his legacy, definitely not a money fight.

The "fight for money" vs. "fight for legacy" discussion is a misnomer.

In reality, every single fighter fights for a multitude of reasons that exist at the same time.

The only question is what *combination* of those elements exist in a fighter at a given time, and what *overall* value a particular fight brings to that fighter, considering their subjective preferences of weighting of the relevant variables.

That's actual reality.

Look Khabib is getting shit on for a comment he made, and right fully so.

If Khabib came out and said " i fight for money " i'd say yea that's about right.

I guess there might be a translation error and he thinks legacy means lots of money.

Give tony his title shot, no other match matters right now.

Completely agree. Only thing left for khabib is to fight GSP. Possibly Tony if he can own McGregor in the same way

Khabib needs to clean out the division he hasn't fought many top guys outside of Edson, Conor and RDA.

At the moment aside from his Conor win his UFC achievements are about on par with Tony.

Look Khabib is getting shit on for a comment he made, and right fully so.

If Khabib came out and said " i fight for money " i'd say yea that's about right.

I guess there might be a translation error and he thinks legacy means lots of money.

You missed what I said and many others here. A rematch don't add any value to his legacy and hence if is not for legacy then what's the second option? I guess money is the simple answer. But again he prefer legacy so he might end up fighting Tony or GSP.

edit: to sum this up he is a prize fighter like everyone else.

I was just pointing out the fallacy that he fights for legacy. He said he would fight Conor for free and then held out for more money and now he wants even more money. Khabib has his "WWE personality" just like Conor does and people fall for it. "I fright for legacy" is #1 bullshit my friend. He may was well be saying "Whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you".

fM9n1Gt.gif

Conor never denied Waldo a rematch. Conor was stripped and Waldo was literally handed the title. If Conor was still the champ at 145 and didn't give Waldo a rematch, then you would have a point. As a matter of fact Waldo was the one who was offered a rematch at UFC 205 and declined.

Khabib would rather take LESS for a fight with someone else (i.e., Tony and Poirier) for his legacy. The chips are in his hand. If Dana and Conor want the rematch, they're going to have PAY UP. Khabib doesn't need to take the rematch, it's Conman who wants it. So pay up or shut up.

You missed what I said and many others here. A rematch don't add any value to his legacy and hence if is not for legacy then what's the second option? I guess money is the simple answer. But again he prefer legacy so he might end up fighting Tony or GSP.

Or Mayweather

If u talk for months about how u want to rearrange his face and humble him in the ring with more shit talk only to watch black beast and Tony steal fight of the night then I think there's unfinished business, especially when he gets up and decks your homeboy. But he seems more interested in money fights these days so a rematch is obviously the biggest fight he's ever getting again. Tony then McG or he looks like he's ducking to me. His resume is far from goat status

If u talk for months about how u want to rearrange his face and humble him in the ring with more shit talk only to watch black beast and Tony steal fight of the night then I think there's unfinished business, especially when he gets up and decks your homeboy. But he seems more interested in money fights these days so a rematch is obviously the biggest fight he's ever getting again. Tony then McG or he looks like he's ducking to me. His resume is far from goat status

lol what does fight of the night have to do with anything? That has nothing to do with "unfinished business". Good grief just let it go. He lost decisively.

lol what does fight of the night have to do with anything? That has nothing to do with "unfinished business". Good grief just let it go. He lost decisively.
Fight of the night was a decisive beat down. A neck crank in the 4th after doing no damage in the 1st, winning the 2nd and then losing 3rd was a good mma fight. Was this your first UFC? Welcome to MMA

Back