• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

Does that make me weird?

I'd imagine it will feel a lot better stippled. With no texture it probably just feels weird and makes you for the time being prefer grooves. But I prefer no finger groves. Another reason I really like sig.

So I took my nm trigger out, pulled and held the spring legs significantly past where they rest in the lower and held it for a while. I didn't want to put a hard bend in it so I figured let's just stretch the coil a bit. Reassembled the trigger and it feels imo a lot better(lighter maybe 1/2-3/4 lb off). If I had to guess I adjusted the second stage just under .5 lb. I can comfortably(still carefully) take up and let out the first stage somewhat quickly over and over again without accidentally breaking the second stage. But the second stage is still light enough that when resting on it I will get a seriously effortless break.

Trigger breaks so clean, definitely that small icicle break.

I don't think so. Have the just been introduced?

Not sure I just thought it was the regular Suregrip until I reviewed the purchase email.

Orginal
ergo-enhanced-suregrip-ergo-grip-4011-by-ergo-grips-98a.jpg

ERGO-4011-2.jpg

I'm hoping to call as they open to see if I can get it changed before it ships.

Not sure I just thought it was the regular Suregrip until I reviewed the purchase email.

Orginal
ergo-enhanced-suregrip-ergo-grip-4011-by-ergo-grips-98a.jpg

ERGO-4011-2.jpg

I'm hoping to call as they open to see if I can get it changed before it ships.

Gen 2 looks more hard plastic than Gen 1. Not all mine have the bottom plug so if that's an identifier then I've got some. And in that case, if there's a difference, it isn't drastic.

Let 'em ship the Gen 2 and report back. :D

Gen 2 looks more hard plastic than Gen 1. Not all mine have the bottom plug so if that's an identifier then I've got some. And in that case, if there's a difference, it isn't drastic.

Let 'em ship the Gen 2 and report back. :D

Sure if I don't really like it it will be fine on something else

It's the texture that I'm worried about. The Orginal is goat compared to everything else I've touched

Sure if I don't really like it it will be fine on something else

It's the texture that I'm worried about. The Orginal is goat compared to everything else I've touched
I love the original too, JUST tacky enough it's awesome.

Should be done and functional tomorrow probably. Then the a few months till I get glass for it.

20170608_184255_zpsxnholdor.jpg

20170608_184234_zpshzxv2ezd.jpg

Thought this was kind of funny, my battle arms build(when finished) will roughly be 3" longer than just this lower lol

20170608_184148_zps6m47ncrn.jpg

And I know I keep saying this but Idk what it is with this color or phone camera or whatever but it is ridiculous to get a picture that even comes close to what my eye sees. Especially inside, outside is better.

Hope I can still find Gen 1 Ergo grips for my pistol build.

Decided to abandon doing a .300 build no matter how fun it might be. The ammo prices is just too high imo and I'd rather keep my ammo types to 30-06, .308 for my AR10 when I get one, 5.56/.223, 9mm, and .45 ACP.

Streamline so to speak and I can find 5.56 and .223 in bulk far easier than .300 AAC Blackout.

Hope I can still find Gen 1 Ergo grips for my pistol build.

Decided to abandon doing a .300 build no matter how fun it might be. The ammo prices is just too high imo and I'd rather keep my ammo types to 30-06, .308 for my AR10 when I get one, 5.56/.223, 9mm, and .45 ACP.

Streamline so to speak and I can find 5.56 and .223 in bulk far easier than .300 AAC Blackout.

A few places still have them.

Yeah .300 blk is about .49-53 a round.

20170608_184148_zps6m47ncrn.jpg

And I know I keep saying this but Idk what it is with this color or phone camera or whatever but it is ridiculous to get a picture that even comes close to what my eye sees. Especially inside, outside is better.

How about slapping an Ergo grip on that Battle Arms just to give us a peek? :)

Man, the barrel on the PRS stock AR is pure sex.

These Kinetic kinect's are awesome.

20170610_140546_zpsagnhnnro.jpg

20170610_140610_zpsbtioqw5u.jpg

20170610_140635_zpsju9zmqki.jpg

All you do is just push it in the mlok slot and the springs just pop out & lock it into place. So simple. Push the tabs in to release it.

Back