• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Keyboard Jockey Attempts Two AR-15 Builds

And the handguard/barrel nut is Midwest? How long?
like 15".

My buddy has the same handguard on a put together parts rifle and that one isn't heavy like my current one. It has to be the Wilson barrel. It's way lighter than the last rifle I built though and not a huge issue for me.

I just am now jones-ing to build a super lightweight rifle. BLEH

Me too, but I shudder at the cost.

Battle arms or V7 receiver set, battle arms saber stock, pencil 14.5, JP ultra low mass bcg, brigand arms handguard, titanium adjustable block, Elftmann 3 gun, venom defense cobra carbon grip, etc.

Yeah would get pricey quick.

Battle arms or V7 receiver set, battle arms saber stock, pencil 14.5, JP ultra low mass bcg, brigand arms handguard, titanium adjustable block, Elftmann 3 gun, venom defense cobra carbon grip, etc.

Yeah would get pricey quick.

Your post was an odd mix of arousing and depressing. Mainly because that's most of what I want. <cheer:mad:

Don't know about this Elf trigger, but for grips I only use Ergo. Weight be damned. :cool:

Your post was an odd mix of arousing and depressing. Mainly because that's most of what I want. <cheer:mad:

Don't know about this Elf trigger, but for grips I only use Ergo. Weight be damned. :cool:

I hear you on ergo. Love em.

The cobra carbon does look cool

14533630_355370108174061_8028682963136806912_n.jpg

You need some Elftmann

e.jpg

Best single stage available imo. No take up or detectable movement whatsoever then glass rod break and very short reset.

You need some Elftmann

e.jpg

Best single stage available imo. No take up or detectable movement whatsoever then glass rod break and very short reset.
I'll probably use standard receivers for my next AR it's the barrel where i need to save weight.

Thinking about doing a 14.5" with a welded and pinned muzzle device

I'll probably use standard receivers for my next AR it's the barrel where i need to save weight.

Thinking about doing a 14.5" with a welded and pinned muzzle device
My newest is a 14.5 with a pinned battlecomp. Looks and shoots great. Love it

Hoping to have my axts/radian set up by next Friday. Sounds like it's getting sprayed in the next couple days and will be shipped out

Building lightweight rifles is a lot of fun. I built my first rifle in January and it ended up at 5lbs 4 oz. Could have made it lighter with a few different choices.

I want to build another one bad.

Op I like your build, specifically that belt fed upper.

You need some Elftmann

e.jpg

I sell tons of Rise Armament RA140 . . .

I sell tons of Rise Armament RA140 . . .

I'm good on triggers. Have a spare Elftmann laying around. I will be buying a Geissele Hi Speed National Match though. Get that sub 2lb on my spr build.

I think I want one of those for my next rifle, I don't know anyone that has one to ask about it.

Just built this sucker on Friday . . . .223 Wylde . . . Ruger lower, Anderson Upper, Blackhawk stock, spikes buffer, tube and spring . . . plan to replace the trigger from the Anderson LPK with an RA140. Davidson Defense hand guard. Can't decide which of my scopes to put on it though.

2462gzb.jpg

Back