Kevin Randleman Vs Bas Rutten

From a purist's perspective yes Monster got screwed.

From an fan's and entertainment perspective that strategy couldn't get rewarded.

You couldn't even argue the points of my post, you're just repeating yourself; you're either trolling poorly or you just know you've been proven wrong and don't want to admit to it.

tenor.gif
The truth hurts don' it?

There is nothing to argue about. Your wrote a long novel of BS that was nothing but a big post of denial.

Stay mad and in denial that your hero had to win by a Robbery.

It sucks to be a Bas fan don't it?

Kind of makes @Juice 's argument all the more hilarious, especially since he obviously doesn't know <Lmaoo>.
Well you made it obvious already that you are butt hurt about Randleman beating up your hero the entire fight.

It pains you the fact that your hero cannot actually win a belt without tainted Judges, refs and an entire organization.

hmm.. nah.. biggest was Genki vs Bang.

Meanwhile, do you know Tim Catalfo´s history (the judge who gave it to Randleman) ?
Nope. I just watch the fight and not be in denial about how the loser Bas had to get the victory by Robbery.

The truth hurts don' it?

There is nothing to argue about. Your wrote a long novel of BS that was nothing but a big post of denial.

Stay mad and in denial that your hero had to win by a Robbery.

It sucks to be a Bas fan don't it?
Well you made it obvious already that you are butt hurt about Randleman beating up your hero the entire fight.

It pains you the fact that your hero cannot actually win a belt without tainted Judges, refs and an entire organization.
Could you at least be more clever with your trolling?

Or the real question should be, do you want to stop being in denial about the truth?
Nope. I just watch the fight and not be in denial about how the loser Bas had to get the victory by Robbery.
no technical rebuttal, tho... you´re repeatin´yourself.

It iz what it iz.

Did you say something?
Helax, IIRC I believe it´s not the 1st time poor Gono has to drop this assessment while you only keep repeatin´the same opinion without any real real technical rebuttal.

A technical rebuttal has to include:

> legit historical perspective

> knowledge about:
- skill sets & their evolution
- technical sequences
- contexts

Historical perspective / Skill Set:

It´s essential to understand somethin´essential related to Randle´s skill set: his GNP posture was problematic, especially against much taller dudes (see fights like the one vs Barreto,for instance...).

He would stay much 2 low in the guard, head basically on his opponent´s belly, and would eat some unnecessary elbows or punches from there, without even reactin´sometimes.....(consequently, his punches would come from 2 far away too...)

Then, because of his suspect cardio, he would more often than not, stay quite inactive in the guard, leadin´ to stand-ups, where he would have to spend more energy to get the TD...

Technical Sequences:

Randle dominated till the 1st stand-up (cut), with legit damage via GNP...

Problem is that each time BJM would stop the action to check the cut, the fighters wouldnt go back to the ground...

Then, each time Randle would get the TD (4 times after the inital one), he would bury his head into Rutten´s chest, without posturin´ up or tryin´ to pass guard (IIRC he got side control once, tho)...

Only Ground Control, lil damage done, while Bas would score points with solid elbows and short punches...

It´s normally in Pride that Bas would have gotten the win...
Here, they gave him the decision, which could theoretically represent an anomaly under the UFC´s Fight Configuration, but Randle did so little after the 1st stand-up, except gettin´ the TDs (the liver kick did some legit damage, he later admited)...

Besides, more than Rutten´s short punches, it´s his elbows after the 2nd stand-up (between the 1st and the 2nd one: lil action on the ground) that need to be considered.

A potential Randle win? Possibly. Hobbery?... not exactly.
In Pride, Hoyce got the decision vs Takada, Pride´s main star, while the Japanese spent some 95% of the fight on top of him...doing nothing, burying his head in Hoyce´s chest, while Hoyce had some timid submission attempts...

Different MMA 'ideologies', that you need to understand...

Context:

I´ve already asked you about Tim Catalfo´s (the Judge who scored it for Randle) history/career, but you sadly ducked.

What 2 do? What 2 say? It iz what it iz.

Last edited:
Bas was doing more damage from his back, however this was in the early days where takedowns and control counted for even more than it goes nowadays for judges scoring.

However much of a robbery it was though it gave Bas a much deserved ufc belt.

The real robbery was that his body gave up before he could follow through on his plan to drop to mw and face Frank again.

Helax, IIRC I believe it´s not the 1st time poor Gono has to drop this assessment while you only keep repeatin´the same opinion without any real real technical rebuttal.

A technical rebuttal has to include:

> legit historical perspective

> knowledge about:
- skill sets & their evolution
- technical sequences
- contexts

Historical perspective / Skill Set:

It´s essential to understand somethin´essential related to Randle´s skill set: his GNP posture was problematic, especially against much taller dudes (see fights like the one vs Barreto,for instance...).

He would stay much 2 low in the guard, head basically on his opponent´s belly, and would eat some unnecessary elbows or punches from there, without even reactin´sometimes.....(consequently, his punches would come from 2 far away too...)

Then, because of his suspect cardio, he would more often than not, stay quite inactive in the guard, leadin´ to stand-ups, where he would have to spend more energy to get the TD...

Technical Sequences:

Randle dominated till the 1st stand-up (cut), with legit damage via GNP...

Problem is that each time BJM would stop the action to check the cut, the fighters wouldnt go back to the ground...

Then, each time Randle would get the TD (4 times after the inital one), he would bury his head into Rutten´s chest, without posturin´ up or tryin´ to pass guard (IIRC he got side control once, tho)...

Only Ground Control, lil damage done, while Bas would score points with solid elbows and short punches...

It´s normally in Pride that Bas would have gotten the win...
Here, they gave him the decision, which could theoretically represent an anomaly under the UFC´s Fight Configuration, but Randle did so little after the 1st stand-up, except gettin´ the TDs (the liver kick did some legit damage, he later admited)...

Besides, more than Rutten´s short punches, it´s his elbows after the 2nd stand-up (between the 1st and the 2nd one: lil action on the ground) that need to be considered.

A potential Randle win? Possibly. Hobbery?... not exactly.
In Pride, Hoyce got the decision vs Takada, Pride´s main star, while the Japanese spent some 95% of the fight on top of him...doing nothing, burying his head in Hoyce´s chest, while Hoyce had some timid submission attempts...

Different MMA 'ideologies', that you need to understand...

Context:

I´ve already asked you about Tim Catalfo´s (the Judge who scored it for Randle) history/career, but you sadly ducked.

What 2 do? What 2 say? It iz what it iz.
Oh look a copy and pasted post full of denial. Oh ok gotcha.

I could give two maybe three fucks about a Tim Catalfo question you asked. That still don't change the fact Randleman got screwed out of his win.

If Bas actually should have won then why are there so many people that say Randleman got robbed? That there shows who really should have won the fight and who got ganked out of a win because of a corrupted company and judges.

Compared to the very very very few that are in denial and say Bas won even though he got his ass beat and dominated for almost 30 mins?

I remember bout and thought theyd give to KR.....I was shocked and pleasantly surprised that they did give it to the guy who spent most of fight on back but he was the one actually taking the fight to. I also liked Bas but honestly didnt have problem with outcome.

I'm going to go watch again . I'll be fair.

Oh look a copy and pasted post full of denial. Oh ok gotcha.

I could give two maybe three fucks about a Tim Catalfo question you asked. That still don't change the fact Randleman got screwed out of his win.

If Bas actually should have won then why are there so many people that say Randleman got robbed? That there shows who really should have won the fight and who got ganked out of a win because of a corrupted company and judges.

Compared to the very very very few that are in denial and say Bas won even though he got his ass beat and dominated for almost 30 mins?
hmmmm. yeah, yeah... again, no technical rebuttal, always the same rant based on a clueless opinion.

Of course, you dont give a fook about Catalfo... It´s not about a quote, it´s about his career as a fighter, but... you dont even know him, right, mate?

Interestin´, tho... this urge to give your opinion when you know so little about the topic...

It iz what it iz.

Back