Kevin Lee's Problem Is Easily Fixed

How quickly can a fight team fix energy management problems?

• Total voters
People hate on Lee to a degree I can't quite understand.

OP is correct IMO. Lee has good cardio and some serious skill. His problem is that he fights like an amateur: pedal to the metal with no regard for what the other guy is doing. It'll get a guy with his talent pretty far, but this is not how you beat the very best in the division.
Maybe this might help you understand:

Kevin Lee – “Ireland Is A Bad Gene Pool, Irish People Look Half Retarded”

His problem wasn't "energy", it was skill.

RDA simply better on the feet and on the ground. Lee couldn't get the TDs and that's pretty much it - got beat everywhere.

yeah and stop fighting better fighters!
I like how MMA coins ENERGY MANAGEMENT to describe pacing oneself.

Lee's problems aren't unique to Lee. It exist's in many forms across MMA competition called POOR TECHNIQUE, which was mentioned on the take downs above.

Furthermore, and not unique to Lee, his poor technique takes multiple forms, like the dancing around all over also mentioned above. Why MMA fighters mimic bad karate & kick-boxing,? well in short they do.

These are fundamental training issues which means either:

1. Camp
  2. Coach(es)
  3. Competitor
  4. One or more of the above.
I'd offer help, but darn I love kata and so would be banished to mopping floors like Morgan Freeman in that boxing flick.

I like how MMA coins ENERGY MANAGEMENT to describe pacing oneself.

Lee's problems aren't unique to Lee. It exist's in many forms across MMA competition called POOR TECHNIQUE, which was mentioned on the take downs above.

Furthermore, and not unique to Lee, his poor technique takes multiple forms, like the dancing around all over also mentioned above. Why MMA fighters mimic bad karate & kick-boxing,? well in short they do.

These are fundamental training issues which means either:

1. Camp
  2. Coach(es)
  3. Competitor
  4. One or more of the above.
I'd offer help, but darn I love kata and so would be banished to mopping floors like Morgan Freeman in that boxing flick.
not sure why you quoted me tbh.

Maybe this might help you understand:

Kevin Lee – “Ireland Is A Bad Gene Pool, Irish People Look Half Retarded”

I heard that, and it was definitely a really stupid thing to say. Still, given everything else I know about the guy, I feel like this particular comment was a young guy blurting out something he intended to be funny, or provocative, and which he immediately regretted. I somehow doubt that he is some hardcore racist who hates all white people.

He gassed harder than Conor probably, especially since he lost the fourth round, was much bigger and could not do really anything in the clinch from the fifth. They were both gassed AF but the bigger man should be able to get the edge when both are equally gassed.

I think Conor's gas gets a bad rap because ain't no MMA fighter beating Mayweather and coming back against Khabib, after not grappling for two year, taking a ton of time off from MMA is going to make anyone look poorly.....not to mention the booze and drugs and whatever else he was doing. He's no Mighty Mouse but he's no Greg Hardy either.
I wouldnt say harder but he definatly did. Conor winning that 4th was very impressive although he did stall but diaz didnt bave enough gas to stop him. I dont think his gas tank is as awful but it is bad , and he definatly lacks heart when things dont go his way.

I wouldnt say harder but he definatly did. Conor winning that 4th was very impressive although he did stall but diaz didnt bave enough gas to stop him. I dont think his gas tank is as awful but it is bad , and he definatly lacks heart when things dont go his way.
Agree w this take on Conor. He's a mental momentum guy. Once the fight turns tough, he's loses all those lucky charms.

Figures...

Fuckin casual to the core. Who is the next hype train you’ll hop on? I’ll avoid the rush, and starting hating the scrub, now.
Fighter Kevin Lee seems to unleash passions, as is evident by this irrational post.

Back