• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Kevin Holland says he’s retired

Understandably embarrassed but there's no way the UFC paid him enough to retire

Publicity stunt, IMO. He's angling for a better deal. Still though, it has to be demoralizing to just get completely dominated by a guy who competes in both your weight classes and could very well be the future champ. Even if Holland trains grappling exclusively, he'll never close the gap and will never have more than a puncher's chance against Khamzat.

Lmao. K.

Then he asks for a fight and the UFC goes, you retired bro, we don't have to offer you fights anymore.

The Khamzat fight broke his ego.
Anyways, this is not the end for Holland. He'll be back soon in the UFC

What ? He's in his prime and could still be a top contender, even if he doesn't get close to title contention he could still compete and make good money. Surely he's trolling.

:) My man shooting his shot at the Alaskan booty! :cool: Lucky for you... Kevin Holland approves.

Hey, hard word deserves to be recognized and good energy (I have found my eyes lingering on an avatar or three of hers) deserves some back, no? It's all balance, my brother. It's my civic duty.

Stop the simpin bro <Lmaoo>:D
It's an insecure man who sees a compliment as simping, brother. I've always been the kind of guy to walk up to a woman on the street and tell her her outfit works well, or her hair is on point, or she clearly works hard on her body, or anything else. Let me say that that has always worked out very well and, instead of taking me as a simp, women have almost always told me most men are too shy or too cool to do that and they appreciate it, and wish more men would do it (tastefully).

And there have been a TON of benefits to having attractive women appreciate me. Just sayin'. Kevin Holland approves.

After what Khamzat did to him, i guess id retire too... Imagine being a pro at something, dedicating everything to the job, training hard as fuck, blood sweat and tears... And then when its time to perform, 30% of the time youre ragdolled, other 70% youre getting choked, and its over in 2 minutes... Jeeesh...

Might be smart. He ain't winning a title. He could put in alot of fun fights but he is in Schaub territory: he will never be champ & only is going to get brain damage. Looks like Khamzat showed him the levels there are, and how hard they are to attain.

Kevin asked for it, he got it, and then he realised he doesn't want it.

Last edited:
Yes I am guessing Ariel Helwani will try to get Kevin on his Monday MMA Hour show and ask him what's up. I think by then...Kevin will have talked to Dana and worked out whatever he wanted to have worked out.
I DO think he was a bit pissed off that Daniel Rodriguez was matched up against Neil Magny.
I take his alleged retirement as simply sending a message to UFC that he wasn't happy that the Rodriguez fight wasn't scheduled for him. After all...he WAS supposed to fight that guy about 2 weeks ago...

Kevin is very entertaining inside and outside the cage, he is very likeable generally, a decent man too.

I have no concerns at all that he is quitting. It's just smoke and mirrors.

peace-out-mustache.gif
Mucho respecto for reminding me about that masterpiece.

Holland's really milking this fake eye poke thing, isn't he? Next thing you know he'll start suddenly sporting an eyepatch for a few weeks.

It's the first story. I actually suggested in another thread a few days ago Holland reached his "I'll never be champ" moment. I said he'd either switch up his motivation for fighting from becoming champ to strictly maximizing how much money he could make or realizing he doesn't want to do this anymore and retire.

It looks like he retired. Damn. I like his fights win or lose.
Thoughts?

Also on the video - Costa and Dillion Danis had a wine drinking competition

Back