• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Kevin Holland has some harsh career advice for Michael Chiesa

lol Holland telling someone else they're never getting a title is peak irony

Holland is fully aware of the fact that he's likely never going to be champion though and doesn't particularly care. He's just trying to get paid like Black Beast.
Chiesa was specifically talking about making a title run before this fight and he was just letting him know if that's what his goal is he might as well stop now cause that shit ain't ever happening lol

There was one part of the full interview where I didn't understand what Kevin was saying. It sounded like he said "Buy some jury like me." Anybody know what he actually said?
He said "buy some jewelry like me"
He has a UFC championship ring lol cause he's probably never gonna get the actual belt
You can literally see the ring in the video

lol Holland telling someone else they're never getting a title is peak irony

He said "Buy jewelry like me." acknowledging that he probably isn't going to either. He specifically said this about guys who are talking about the title. Kevin isn't. He knows he's not getting a belt. Hence that line.

It's almost like people just read the headline and don't watch the video clips and listen to what the fighter actually said.

Holland is fully aware of the fact that he's likely never going to be champion though and doesn't particularly care. He's just trying to get paid like Black Beast.
Chiesa was specifically talking about making a title run before this fight and he was just letting him know if that's what his goal is he might as well stop now cause that shit ain't ever happening lol

He said "buy some jewelry like me"
He has a UFC championship ring lol cause he's probably never gonna get the actual belt
You can literally see the ring in the video

I'm glad I'm not the only one who caught this.

Well, he's not really wrong. It was a little harsh, but it's good advice.

He's not wrong. He wasn't being a dick about it either, he said he was good with the other stuff and was able to get a paycheck.. it sounded more like he was trying to help him out than degrade him.

Chiesa looked like he didn't even want to be fighting. Whether Holland or another, someone needs to be honest with him. Chiesa's highlight moment was with Buffer.

Well Holland is never going to win a title and with his level of intellect and wit, he has a promising post UFC career doing podcasts and opening comedy gigs with Brendan Schaub.

I mean not harsh at all, called him a "good commentator" a little bit after (debatable ha) .

I think even Chiesa would admit hes never getting a title at this point.

Overall I feel like Holland just gave friendly advice "keeping it real" if you will ha.

But of course MMA media has to juice up a spin for more clicks

If Dan Hardy got a titleshot at welterweight, I wouldn't dismiss Holland getting one someday... winning it though is another story.

Actually, I don't hate matchup wise Leon Scott vs Kevin Holland or Shavkat vs Holland.... imagine the violence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markdfg
Back