kenpo in mma?

If you mean that gay, Americanized version of kempo that's basically a McDojo, then I'd say maybe not nearly as effective as several other stand up arts.

nah, i dont think it would work for any LHW... *cough*CHUCK8*cough*

Keith Hackney is a White Tiger Kenpo stylist.

Chuck Liddell is a Hawaiian Kempo stylist.

Jeff Newton is an American Kenpo stylist.

People shouldn't talk shit about all styles of Kenpo. Look at Jeff Speakman's stuff. It's Kenpo, but be added BJJ to it to make the style more well rounded. (and it's actually BJJ, not crappling)

Its not the style but the practitioner. If he/she trains realistically, spars a lot, concentrates on good defense and strong attacking, then if what he/she trains is kempo, karate, thai boxing or whatever, it will work.
MarksChat Fighting and Training Methods for Unarmed Martial Artists.

Kenpo really could mean anything, in terms of what type of training they do.

I trained in hawaiian kenpo, and it was nothing like what hackelman teaches.

imo kenpo princeples would work in mma. all american kenpo is about is finding the quickest and safest way of fightin.

fighting isn't about the style studied, it's about being open to new ideas and adapting what you have been taught to suit the circumstances

Its not the style but the practitioner. If he/she trains realistically, spars a lot, concentrates on good defense and strong attacking, then if what he/she trains is kempo, karate, thai boxing or whatever, it will work.
MarksChat Fighting and Training Methods for Unarmed Martial Artists.
I feel the same.

i was wondering if kenpo would be effective in mma?

It can be adapted to be effective in MMA competition, if you augment it with sufficient conditioning, focus on the movements you are allowed to use in competition and make sure you can deal with the kinds of attacks that you will face, you can be successful but at that point I have to ask why would you go through all that trouble when you can just study one of many martial arts already geared for that kind of thing.

Jeez, what is the average MMA IQ on this site?

close to zero?

Chuck Liddell?

Bueller?....Bueller?....Bueller?....

giphy.gif

It can be adapted to be effective in MMA competition, if you augment it with sufficient conditioning, focus on the movements you are allowed to use in competition and make sure you can deal with the kinds of attacks that you will face, you can be successful but at that point I have to ask why would you go through all that trouble when you can just study one of many martial arts already geared for that kind of thing.

So did you join the forum just to go bump a bunch of random 10 year old kenpo threads?

So did you join the forum just to go bump a bunch of random 10 year old kenpo threads?

Not really but since I am a Kenpo guy naturally I search out the topics related to Kenpo and contribute as best I can. It would not make much sense for me to start commenting on Martial Arts that I only have a few or no years of experience in, sort of like an illiterate person giving their opinion on English grammar but what I will eventually do is ask questions about those martial arts that I don't know much about.

Not really but since I am a Kenpo guy naturally I search out the topics related to Kenpo and contribute as best I can. It would not make much sense for me to start commenting on Martial Arts that I only have a few or no years of experience in, sort of like an illiterate person giving their opinion on English grammar but what I will eventually do is ask questions about those martial arts that I don't know much about.

Cool cool. I was just wondering if you were a troll at first :) I don't think you are since you have contributed your opinion constructively. We just get random trolls that come in here from time to time and just bump junk threads about ninjas and all kinds of silliness then they disappear after arguing with people instead of having a discussion. :)

Cheers

Back