Ken Shamrock said that Kimbo tapped.

I see no video... can you post it?

Edit: Just re-watched the fight. While the takedown that lead to the choke was as staged as it gets, I can't see Kimbo tapping anywhere. Also, McCarthy had his face in there during that entire choke... not sure what he's getting at.

Then after Shamrock beats Gracie, he should be on a two-fight winning streak.

Ken Shamrock vs. Vitaly Minakov for the Bellator heavyweight championship next please.

Ken has been doing MMA since before the UFC. He should know better then anybody that you don't stop until the ref pulls you apart. No excuse.

When I watched it live I thought he did a single tap two different times however it never looked to me like Ken loosened the choke.

I'm on the fence if it was a fixed fight however I am definitely decided that I don't care if it was or wasn't. I enjoyed the fight. it got me out of my seat and had me cheering for Ken then once they stood up I stared laughing because I knew what was about to happen to Ken.

I was entertained and after all isn't that all we really want? Is for ME to be entertained.

Ken has been doing MMA since before the UFC. He should know better then anybody that you don't stop until the ref pulls you apart. No excuse.
Good point. He may be right but he should've held on until the fight was stopped.

of course he is going to say that.

Nothing to see here folks. Move along.

"Irish" Ken shamrock may have had his demons
But all he wants to do is to take his vitamins
Say his prayers
And get redemption against the one man that wouldn't tap

When I watched it live I thought he did a single tap two different times however it never looked to me like Ken loosened the choke.

I'm on the fence if it was a fixed fight however I am definitely decided that I don't care if it was or wasn't. I enjoyed the fight. it got me out of my seat and had me cheering for Ken then once they stood up I stared laughing because I knew what was about to happen to Ken.

I was entertained and after all isn't that all we really want? Is for ME to be entertained.

I kind of feel the same way, but it's hard to cheer for a guy going forward if you actually have to wonder if he is pro wrestling right under your nose.

One thing is for sure - even though many feel it was a staged fight including me, Ken did take a really hard, direct shot right to his face that split him open. If that was voluntary on Ken's part, that was risky but lucrative.

I kind of feel the same way, but it's hard to cheer for a guy going forward if you actually have to wonder if he is pro wrestling right under your nose.

Luckily neither guy is relevant in the slightest. Kimbo's over 40 and facing a 2-0 brawler and Ken's over 50 facing an equally old Royce Gracie. It'd be different if I was wondering if their title fights are staged, but I'm not at all. I haven't seen any fight that indicates that in the slightest. If anything I'm pretty convinced the opposite otherwise they would have made Lashley look better than he has and gave him a title fight by now lol.

Any idea of what's going on in Ken's current training camp? I know he's back with some old Lion's Den guys and is going to have Frank in his corner, but I'm curious if there's any other media out there on it.

Didn't happen, but it would be a nice bit of karma if it had.

Then after Shamrock beats Gracie, he should be on a two-fight winning streak.

Ken Shamrock vs. Vitaly Minakov for the Bellator heavyweight championship next please.

Welp, guess not. In all fairness the end was controversial to say the least.

Last edited:
I see no video... can you post it?

Edit: Just re-watched the fight. While the takedown that lead to the choke was as staged as it gets, I can't see Kimbo tapping anywhere. Also, McCarthy had his face in there during that entire choke... not sure what he's getting at.

Exactly, never saw a tap at all. Shamrock just needs to stop fighting already. His legacy will never be forgotten.

This. Ken always has excuses and can't let anything go.

No.... lol

It doesn't just matter of your entertained.

Of course, since Shammy has a career history of easing up on submissions nice and early.

mii1hs.jpg

15bullitt.gif

display_image.jpg

Back