Kelvins reach

cburm

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
If a short stocky fighter like kelvin learns to use his short reach..
Ited be highlight reels for days.

Like mike tyson knockouts.

I feel kelvin lost due to alot of things and izzy had his gaurd down tomuch.

But heda connected any of those follow up strikes that barley missed izzy woulda ben out cold.

I keep thinkin how all the top guys are bigger in size tall with hella reach (dc wins due to grappling.) But knows were his reach is but lacks the experiance in boxing.

If izzy fights bobby like this bobby is gonna finish him quickly.

He was slipping punches like a pro. He’s not in the optimal weight class.

Yea he rushed landed but he followed it to soon right after if he planted his foot and moved with izzy as hes back peddling and then strikes i feel he could be the tyson of mma man.

He needed the towel when he fought Bisping in November of 2017.

Missed weight - 187 lbs

It's only "not optimal" when a guy loses. If Kelvin beat Israel there'd be no talk about weight classes

Lets be honest if he was actually in optimal shape he would be a WW. He might even be a champ at that.

The size and height isnt the problem he prolly out weighed izzy anyways. The 10 to 15 pounds isnt the big deal its the body types man he needed to fight him differently then a guy whos shorter.

Missed weight - 187 lbs

It's only "not optimal" when a guy loses. If Kelvin beat Israel there'd be no talk about weight classes

How often do you see 7 inches of height and 9 inches of reach disadvantage?

Bisping is a cupcake, even a former 155er Masvidal would beat him.

If he stops eating tacos he'd be a powerhouse at ww.

The dude literally can’t put down the Mexican food

Missed weight - 187 lbs

Its just plain not optimal, even if he wins. The fact he's missed weight at 185 shows you he has a diet problem. I just dont see him beating the top monsters at MW.

In shape Kelvin at 170 would look like Johnny Hendricks who was KOing fighters left and right on the juice.

He seems to prefer throwing combo's from the outside instead of fighting on the inside, dirty boxing like Couture.

Who knows why. Maybe it's less tiring (very likely). Maybe he's not as good at the kind of defense a dirty boxer needs (likely). Or maybe he just feels more comfortable & confident striking from range (most likely). And we all prefer to do what comes most natural to us, if we can.

But if he sticks with a "throw heavy strikes from range" style, then yes he'd better start making adjustments for when longer guys like Israel (and/or longer guys with movement like Weidman) expose his flat footed, counter-striking, not range dictating style.

Yea you guys are right he should suck it up and be a ww. Or hes gonna have alot of hard learning

He needs to cut down and move down tbh, he has way too much unnecessary body fat which makes cutting even harder too.

He has the grappling and dynamite fists to dominate welterweight

"If a short stocky fighter like kelvin learns to use his short reach.."

I dunno, he just fought a pro kickboxer with 81 bouts, 6 pro boxing bouts, with a ton of reach and height on him, and gave him all he could handle in a stand up fight.

I think he uses his short reach pretty well

I feel kelvin lost due to alot of things and izzy had his gaurd down tomuch.

But heda connected any of those follow up strikes that barley missed izzy woulda ben out cold.

I keep thinkin how all the top guys are bigger in size tall with hella reach (dc wins due to grappling.) But knows were his reach is but lacks the experiance in boxing.

If izzy fights bobby like this bobby is gonna finish him quickly.
Khabib, DC, Max, are all champs and they have short reach for the division..

Let's not forget he was beaten at welterweight two times.

Honestly he may be better as a MW. He was very close to beating Adesanya

Back