Kelvin Gastelum predicts 1st round KO over Robert Whittaker: ‘I’m expecting it not to even be close

I thoroughly agree with you on all counts. That said, Whitaker is coming off another injury and a long layoff. It wouldn't shock me if Kelvin hurt him early. I think Robert would be wise to throw a lot of kicks, try to tire Kelvin out and make him work for everything. People should appreciate Whitaker more. Look at what Yoel did to Weidman, Rockhold, Lyoto and Kennedy. Whitaker is a incredibly undervalued by the MMA community and even more so here.
100%. If he keeps up those body kicks and stays on the outside circling away from that left he can do it over 5 rounds. Problem is that left is so good. Maybe 2nd best in MMA.

Touche, good sir. That was definitely not bad.

Kind of speaks to my point about Kelvin's durability, though.

He was much younger, and that was when he was still making the insane cut to 170. I don't make much of it. He's proven to have an excellent quality chin. I think he would have to take a prolonged, one-sided beating to get stopped by strikes.

No matter what, this won't be a boring fight. The just bleed gods shall be pleased

Back