Media Kelvin Gastelum: "He will have a real chance of regaining that MW title" on Robert Whittaker.

Mentally, RDA is much stronger than kelvin. When has RDA ever quit or failed making weight? And unlike Kelvin, RDA smoked Magny despite being oversized by Magny. RDA is also more skilled than Kelvin. RDA has much more discipline then Kelvin.

And no shame in a young RDA getting KO'd by Stephens, Stephens has insane power among FW/LW's.
Hes better grappler only, not a better striker, and Kelvin is only 29, most Champs take the belt around 32 he has all the tools to win at 170. He's clearly better now than he was before. Izzy dwarfs Magny by alot and is way better in every way and he still almost finished iZzy

That blows my mind that kelvin is just 29.
Been in some wars.

If anyone has the capabilities to, it's Rob Whittaker....that said however, no matter how careful Rob fights, Izzy might just leg kick the shit out of him and we see a worse fight than Wonder Boy Till
Rob is one of the best kick checkers in the sport though. Honestly Rob would be wise to throw a lot of leg kicks. He def has the skills to win and I think the rematch will be a great competitive fight.

INFO:
Kelvin Gastelum(17-7,1NC) while being asked questions from the media, he talked about his last fight against Robert Whittaker(23-5) and Rob's chances against current champion Isreal Adesanya(21-1).
CLIP(30 Seconds):

FULL INTERVIEW:

CLIFFS:

- Talks about his next fight against Jared Cannonier. He knows it's a tough fight and it's a bout he wanted/had in mind.
- Knew Jared was already booked against Costa. Has respect for Costa, but feels throughout his career he's been very "injury prone". Had a feeling one of them would pullout of the fight so he could step in.
- This time he gets a full camp and is excited to perform.
- Expecting a tough fight, no easy fights once you break the top 5. He fought them all and wants his chance to prove himself. Knows his last few fights haven't gone his way, but believes he can still hang with the top guys and beat them.
- No idea about Paulo Costa and the pay situation. Mentions Paulo Costa already has a youtube channel, says to go check it out. PAULO COSTA's YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK9smP1uHytt9_RIliUiteg
- No excuses for the Rob fight, he was mentally and physically prepared.
- On the fight with Whittaker: "He was just a step ahead the entire time". It motivated him to try and get to that level. Impressed by Rob, didn't think he was that good and has never felt like that in a fight(Not even with Isreal Adasenya). Felt frustrated throughout the fight and claims Rob made him look "bad".
- Claims Whittaker was much faster, utilized his footwork well, avoided standing in the pocket and used a great jab.
- If Robert Whittaker fights the way that he did against himself in his rematch against Israel Adasenya, he will have a real chance at regaining that MW title.
- Pressure is always there, expects great things from himself and a good performance.
- Still 29 years and feels he still has a long road ahead. Renewed focus on his career.
- Wasn't worried about being cut before the Ian Heinisch fight.
- If he beats Cannonier, he thinks he'll have to get 1 or 2 more wins in the top 5 to earn another TS.

SOURCE: https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021...ttaker-can-beat-israel-adesanya-ufc-263-video

NEXT FIGHT:
Kelvin Gastelum(17-7,1NC) will be taking on Jared Cannonier(13-5) on August 21st in a 5 round main event.
1601316815Kelvin_Gastelum.jpg
1601316436Jared_Cannonier.jpg

I think Whittaker should wrestle Izzy more. We saw him start to tire against Vetori's grappling heavy attack. Even if he's not successful in getting the takedown Izzy has shown that he slows down in the championship rounds

He’s using MMA math with himself lol

“This guy beat me worse than the other guy did, therefore I think he beats the other guy.”

This. Guys will often pick guys who have beaten them in future matchups, or in this case the guy who beat him more easily.

hopefully he doesnt fight kekreal like a moron this time
iPB70jM.jpg

The delusion around Whittaker is insane. Looking forward to him catching another beat down from Style Bender just to stop this nonsense.
What delusion? At worst he's proved he's clearly the 2nd best MW in the UFC.The man went away and actually earned a title rematch the right way. Is he a significant underdog against Adesanya in the rematch, sure but he's absolutely got a shot at winning, he'll just have to put on a flawless performance.

I think the rematch will be closer, but I still think Adesanya will win, but maybe a decision this time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicenhot
Back