Kell Brook v Liam Smith - confirmed by good source

Brook's got brass balls. He's got something to prove too.

Seems to be a strong sentiment that he quit against Spence. Given how bad his eye was i don't think thats fair....but still, his reputation hasn't benefited from not going out on his shield against the future WW kingpin.

Brook has had his face broken in his 2 previous fights. There's no telling how he responds once he eats a few to the face.

Seems to be a strong sentiment that he quit against Spence. Given how bad his eye was i don't think thats fair....but still, his reputation hasn't benefited from not going out on his shield against the future WW kingpin.
I don't think people are so upset that he quit, just more that he hasn't turned out to be the killer that some fans hoped he would be.

I don't think people are so upset that he quit, just more that he hasn't turned out to be the killer that some fans hoped he would be.

Maybe, but theres a level of contempt toward Brook from many British fans that can't be explained by unfulfilled expectations, British fans are typically loyal to a fault and very forgiving of underachievers. What they won't forgive is that Brook "quit" while carrying the UK banner against who they thought was going to be another Jeff Lacy.

Maybe, but theres a level of contempt toward Brook from many British fans that can't be explained by unfulfilled expectations, British fans are typically loyal to a fault and very forgiving of underachievers. What they won't forgive is that Brook "quit" while carrying the UK banner against who they thought was going to be another Jeff Lacy.
Thats par for the course for Brit fight fans though. They ravenously support a winner but thats about it. Everyone hated Froch too until he started beating names.

Yeah, we each answer to our own God. I think certain injuries just don't make sense to continue, but those become personal choices that are hard to judge. If he goes out on his shield with that eye injury worsening (a detached retina pulled SRL out of boxing in the early 80's, and how much money?), then he loses his future quality of life and standard of living.

Tough call. I've seen others quit and called them quitters, but I wasn't so eager during that fight. Not sure what to make of that...

Yeah Smith isn't a powerhouse but if Kell's face is weeker now it might not take one unfortunately.

Yup, agreed. I think in terms of matchmaking, it's smart for Brook's team in order to see where he goes after this fight.

A litmus test, if you will.

Brook has had his face broken in his 2 previous fights. There's no telling how he responds once he eats a few to the face.

two consecutive fights.

imo, big difference

Frank Warren & Hearn would have to co promote for this to happen right? Do they do that very often?

Injuries that were a result of him getting his ass beat.
No doubt. Didn't claim otherwise. But I've got to think that they could be a weakness going into future fights.

Thats par for the course for Brit fight fans though. They ravenously support a winner but thats about it. Everyone hated Froch too until he started beating names.

A bit harsh, but somewhat true

I actually didnt like Froch as i thought the media over here were hyping him up way too much until he beat Jermaine Taylor, showed me he had some substance

I don't mind Kell, i just think he has been extremely overated and have never really thought he had anything special about him at all, he was always a fighter who was decent at everything, but not great at anything....

Back