Kedzie vs Albu at UFC FN 33

I'll go with the one with the bubble butt.

Julie will be the perfect fight to test her. Hope Albu does well.

Thirdpres - what do you think about the issue of the won/loss record? Sherdog has her listed at 1-0.

As I understand it she fought four local Thai girls in unsanctioned fights in Thailand. MMA is illegal in Thailand so they would have to be of the, generally speaking, unsanctioned variety.

It is okay that Sherdog doesn't list those fights in my opinion. You should only list those fights that you can show proof of taking place. That doesn't mean other fights don't take place and sometimes fighters get themselves sanctioned for participating in said unsanctioned fights or those fights go un-remarked on for a long time. There are tons of fights that go on and only get added into the Fight Finder months after they take place. Whole women's MMA scenes in some States (Countries) go unseen at times. Exampe: Sherdog's missed most Ukrainian women's matches, for example, last year until adding them in mid this year.

So I suspect they are real enough fights but of dubious as to showing her capabilities as a fighter. I would suggest just looking at her one properly sanctioned fight, shown above, as to her skill level along with some of her showings from other martial arts.

(Keep in mind that there is a limit to how much I know about this subject. I am just putting together what I have gathered from multiple sources and doing some guesswork on my own to reach these conclusions.)

She looks okay but her opponent, Lyubov Demidova, didn't impress as being all that good although she is supposed to be a decent pankration fighter, a Muscovite amateur champion.

Remember that the UFC would have sent scouts out to get a feel for Albu so she must have given them a good impression. Her gym is legit and she trains with capable fighters who are known to have solid skills themselves.

I do not doubt people raising their eyebrows on her signing though and wondering just what the what but Women's MMA is pretty new to the UFC and the general MMA public so these kinds of signings should be seen in these kinds of lights ... not that it is fair to those who have been at it for years and haven't been given a good shot yet.

Last edited:
Jez, who shit in your cereal. People are gonna call a spade a spade. If a fight is high level then people will say that, if its so level then people will call it low level. Stop getting your panties in a twist. Not negativity, realism.

Only in the little world inside your(and that other guy's) head.

sherdog fight finder has been way off before, especially on fights in places with little coverage.

has she had 5 pro fights..... unlikely but who knows. she does look good hitting pads and her jitz is passable. so fuck it, lets see how she goes against Kedzie who is a good yard stick to measure anyone.

Yep. We will get a sense of Kedzie getting her second fight in the UFC, see if she has shaken off any niggling "I'm here!" from her previous fight against Germaine de Randamie and we will get to see Albu against a decent top 15 bantamweight in Kedzie.

Yep. We will get a sense of Kedzie getting her second fight in the UFC, see if she has shaken off any niggling "I'm here!" from her previous fight against Germaine de Randamie and we will get to see Albu against a decent top 15 bantamweight in Kedzie.

Exactly, this is why this fight is great for both girls. If Kedzie wins, she has her first UFC win out of the way and can move forward. If Albu wins, she gets a great win over a decent UFC 135lb fighter (who two fights ago gave Miesha all she could handle)

Love Kedzie, hope she pulls it off.

Those sidekicks.

Fireball got this! Though it will be very interesting to see how Abu will utilize her core strength.

PS: All the haters who showed their ugly faces in here should fuck off. Same goes with the horny teenage boys.

I don't see how Julie is losing this fight but strange things happened

This Russian chick is the ultimate dark horse. I believe she got signed up with UFC because she has same manager as khabib and khabilov

more pic

qRDr4T3.jpg

They must have total faith in Albu because they could loan her to Invicta to get an idea of her ability without the massive spotlight.

This fight will certainly get a lot of attention.

images

I'm not saying whether or not Albu can fight because I don't know. But her signing has to be the strangest signing in the modern UFC era. She has 1 official fight against another girl who also has only 1 official fight.

Her bona fides, according to this thread, seem to be:
-She has a great body.
-She is accomplished in karate.
-She looks good hitting pads, and her jiu jitsu is passable.
-She trains at a legitimate gym with good training partners.
-She shares a manager with Nurmagomedov and Khalidov.

I have the utmost respect for the UFC, and I do not doubt that they have reasons for signing her. But on paper, the signing seems inexplicable.

I'm not saying whether or not Albu can fight because I don't know. But her signing has to be the strangest signing in the modern UFC era. She has 1 official fight against another girl who also has only 1 official fight.

Her bona fides, according to this thread, seem to be:
-She has a great body.
-She is accomplished in karate.
-She looks good hitting pads, and her jiu jitsu is passable.
-She trains at a legitimate gym with good training partners.
-She shares a manager with Nurmagomedov and Khalidov.

I have the utmost respect for the UFC, and I do not doubt that they have reasons for signing her. But on paper, the signing seems inexplicable.
WMMA is wide open and there isn't a real clear minor league system like with the men. UFC is of the opinion that there are a lot of talented female fighters out there waiting to be discovered.

Not sure how this thread popped up again today but this fight was cancelled due to an injury to Albu.

WMMA is wide open and there isn't a real clear minor league system like with the men. UFC is of the opinion that there are a lot of talented female fighters out there waiting to be discovered.

There is enough of an infrastructure of WMMA to deliver qualified fighters to the UFC. Compare Albu to the other female fighters the UFC has signed:
Germaine de Randamie was only 3-2 when the UFC signed her. But 2 of her wins were in Strikeforce, and one of those was over Hiroko Yamanaka.
Sara McMann was 6-0 but had defeated Shayna Baszler, Tonya Evinger, and Hitomi Akano. She had also won a silver medal in the Olympics in wrestling.
Amanda Nunes was 7-3; but she had 2 Strikeforce fights, 2 Invicta fights, and wins over Julia Budd, Ediane Gomes, and Vanessa Porto.
Liz Carmouche was 7-2, but she was 2-0 in Invicta after going 2-2 in Strikeforce.
Cat Zingano was 7-0 with wins over Carina Damm, Raquel Pennington, Angela Samaro, Barb Honchak, and Takayo Hashi.

Every other female fighter the UFC has signed had at least 9 wins at the time of her signing, except Ronda Rousey, who needed just 6 fights to run through the division and become its undisputed champion. As an aside, Baszler, Roxanne Modafferi, Evinger, and Tara LaRosa had to go through TUF.

Aleksandra Albu comes in with 1 (official) fight against another fighter who was making her (official) professional debut. I see nothing to qualify her as a UFC fighter that would not qualify dozens or even hundreds of other female fighters.

That said, I'm still not saying that Albu can't fight. Maybe she runs through the division and knocks out Ronda. My point is only that, looking at the situation as it is, the signing is perplexing.

Back