Kayfabe wise, is Kofi Kingston the GOAT tag team wrestler?

Utahraptor Ostrommaysi

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Kofi Kingston is a 11 time world tag team champion, and he is 8 time tag team champ with The New Day alone. Plus The New Day are the longest reigning tag champs in WWE history.
So from a Kayfabe perspective, is Kofi Kingston the GOAT tag team wrestler? And for that matter, is The New Day the GOAT tag team Kayfabe wise?
What do you think Sherbros?

Kofi Kingston is a 11 time world tag team champion, and he is 8 time tag team champ with The New Day alone. Plus The New Day are the longest reigning tag champs in WWE history.
So from a Kayfabe perspective, is Kofi Kingston the GOAT tag team wrestler? And for that matter, is The New Day the GOAT tag team Kayfabe wise?

No.

New Day's stupid shit was old several years ago

They're a comedy act in the weakest era of tag team wrestling. All are good talent, but their gimmick has gotten way too stupid.

Wish the APA was around to crush these fools.

No.

New Day's stupid shit was old several years ago

They're a comedy act in the weakest era of tag team wrestling. All are good talent, but their gimmick has gotten way too stupid.

Wish the APA was around to crush these fools.
Okay, but I think you missed the point of this thread. My question was from a Kayfabe perspective, is The New Day the best tag team ever? Whether or not you think The New Day has a good gimmick is irrelevant to this thread.

Okay, but I think you missed the point of this thread. My question was from a Kayfabe perspective, is The New Day the best tag team ever? Whether or not you think The New Day has a good gimmick is irrelevant to this thread.

Don't dictate rules to me you wet-nosed jobber, sit down shut your mouth, hear what I say and you might learn something.

Kayfabe the APA or Brothers of Destruction are still the GOATs because they didn't need belts. When they got in the ring people got scared

Don't dictate rules to me you wet-nosed jobber, sit down shut your mouth, hear what I say and you might learn something.

Kayfabe the APA or Brothers of Destruction are still the GOATs because they didn't need belts. When they got in the ring people got scared
Well using that logic, The Road Warriors/Legion of Doom are the GOATs because they were booked like gods in the 80s.

LOD was never given a proper WWF run of dominance.
That's true, but they were pushed to moon in NWA/WCW.
Who do you think is the GOAT singles wrestler Kayfabe wise? I think it's The Undertaker because he was 21-0 at WrestleMania and he only lost to Brock because he was past his prime. (Both in Kayfabe and in real life)

Tony Garea is a 5 time WWWF tag champ with 4 different partners
Pretty much proves you can match him with anyone and he'll get em to a title

Tony Garea is a 5 time WWWF tag champ with 4 different partners
Pretty much proves you can match him with anyone and he'll get em to a title
That's true, but what about Robert/Bobby Roode? He is a 10 time tag team champ with 5 different partners between his respective runs in TNA and WWE. Truly he is one of the all time great tag team wrestlers.

tumblr_lqp85sWubV1qj2c7eo1_400.gif

I don't see international triple crown tag team champs on his resume.

98M2jP_ZB9G3xtMvzlb9Chq2JwB-SrRNfcvp_abw5p0BD5Jp0CaYnGqS9UueIf0IlF8JGy_LgK184JELqLpajO02H5lBZ0B93AinBtkOdbJdqzRkOb56ULs

Back