• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Kathy Griffin calls Kevin Hart a P***y for not mentioning Trump in his stand up

the best comedians don’t do or need political jokes

giphy.gif

"The Resistance" has devoured the sanity of quite a few entertainers lately.

When has Kevin Hart ever touched politics in his act? I've seen a few of his specials and it's just not his style. There are a lot of people out there that like their entertainment to be free of politics and just want to escape the day to day bullshit and laugh. Imo It's a good move. If politics is something he never built his brand around I don't think it's something he should be expected to touch on now.
He doesn't joke about politics often. He's that kind of artist, a PC pussy and a very good comic (black Seinfeld). If you want his unfiltered (and frankly, embarrassingly trite and rambling) opinion on the subject in the wake of the election, where he is simply trying to say a whole bunch of absolutely nothing to absolutely everyone, while signalling his dislike for Trump in the softest possible way, check this out:

Paaahooooo-Suuuhaaaaaay

(and yes, i would pay 50 bucks to see him anyway)

Last edited:

He has a point though.

Politics are a passing fad, a political joke is usually forgotten by the culture in at best that 15 minutes of fame, no matter how sick the burn.

Carlin though, he touched on philosophy and what it means to live and for that a lot of his jokes and routines have a more timeless view of human thought we can laugh at no matter who is in the office.

It reminds me of the Simpsons episode when they were threatening to take away the radio jocks jobs for a robo radio jock.

The programed joke of the robotic shock joke: "How about those Jokers in Congress. They messed it up again." That's the shallow waters politics provide, except for a few true believers and hacks.

Politics are a passing fad,

What? How many fad's you know last thousands of years?

If it's funny, it's funny.. If it's on your mind, it's on your mind. The end. There's no inherent spirit to comedy other than being funny.

If Hart wants to keep earning a lot of money, he's not gonna talk about politics. If your audience is half fans of red and half fans of blue, you don't announce you hate fans of red or blue. You'll just lose half your audience. Is it brave? No. Is it understandable? Absolutely.

The one thing that we really need to come together on is this: not caring what the fuck Kathy Griffin thinks about anything.

He has a point though.

Politics are a passing fad, a political joke is usually forgotten by the culture in at best that 15 minutes of fame, no matter how sick the burn.

Carlin though, he touched on philosophy and what it means to live and for that a lot of his jokes and routines have a more timeless view of human thought we can laugh at no matter who is in the office.

It reminds me of the Simpsons episode when they were threatening to take away the radio jocks jobs for a robo radio jock.

The programed joke of the robotic shock joke: "How about those Jokers in Congress. They messed it up again." That's the shallow waters politics provide, except for a few true believers and hacks.

Agree here 100%

I completely disagree with @Fawlty on Hart but John Mulaney is making great Trump jokes right
You don't think he's pussing out big time?

After the election, he got on cam and rambled about how big his platform was and how many people he could reach, and how much change he could make, and how much we needed to make those changes. And then proceeded to act as if his platform isn't his act. It's an elephant in the room. Patrice would have slappy'd the shit outta him for this.

What? How many fad's you know last thousands of years?

If it's funny, it's funny.. If it's on your mind, it's on your mind. The end. There's no inherent spirit to comedy other than being funny.

If Hart wants to keep earning a lot of money, he's not gonna talk about politics. If your audience is half fans of red and half fans of blue, you don't announce you hate fans of red or blue. You'll just lose half your audience. Is it brave? No. Is it understandable? Absolutely.

The one thing that we really need to come together on is this: not caring what the fuck Kathy Griffin thinks about anything.

Did you hear that good one about Margret Thatcher and Labour?

So he's a coward because he's a black comedian who won't speak against Trump?

Holy shit thats ignorant.

I suppose she thinks she's some type of "ally" too. More and more white people on the left are asserting themselves towards blacks and Africans with the same earnest, teeth-grindingly paternalistic garbage that is every bit as harmful as the more mainstream stereotypes we have to endure from the poo-devils on the right.

Their insidious brand of wokery breeds a smug certitude that just makes me wanna go jackson five across their faces It's like the whole shitty magnetic field of racism flipped it's poles since the left's last great victory (imo) over Aparthied. Her lane is wide and safe and freshly paved. Why is it so hard for her to stay in it? didn't she almost wreck her shit six months ago? Now she's another man's guidance counsellor?

Some of us think the kneeling thing is dumb posturing but are still against police brutality. Some of us won't wolfpack Trump, but doesn't mean we're not down for the cause, it just means we're doing our own thing. Some of us think Trudeau is bleating clotwad, doesn't mean we hate battybois.

This hive-mind bullshit is so personally grating to me too because it puts me in a postion where I have to almost feel compelled to defend what I find profoundly distatsteful.

It's probably my biggest beef with the "left."

He doesn't joke about politics often. He's that kind of artist, a PC pussy and a very good comic (black Seinfeld). If you want his unfiltered (and frankly, embarrassingly trite and rambling) opinion on the subject in the wake of the election, where he is simply trying to say a whole bunch of absolutely nothing to absolutely everyone, while signalling his dislike for Trump in the softest possible way, check this out:

Paaahooooo-Suuuhaaaaaay

(and yes, i would pay 50 bucks to see him anyway)

I respect your opinion, but strongly disagree and we're just kind of going in circles at this point. So fuck it, I'm out...

@PolishHeadlock here's my Patrice seance, I will channel him:

"Kevin Hart, you want me to talk about Kev? Are you bullshittin'? :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:, that mothafucka' actin' like he can't afford to lose 86 year old Delores Deerburg from Oak Sanctuary, Ohio. That crowd pleasing midget. That's Kevin now, he's on that level. Don't offend nobody, don't say shit about NOTHIN'. That's what happens. He's in the belly of the beast now. He's black Seinfeld. He sold his soul. It just be what it be. And that :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: still owes me twenty dollars."

Seinfeld a PC pussy?

{<huh}

Seinfeld a PC pussy?

{<huh}
Obviously. Hart is worse because he claims to have a giant platform for social change, but won't get into the weeds. But Seinfeld can never be the best guy because he never took on the tough stuff. Can crusher.

I don't know who that is or what that word means. They must've been part of a passing fad.

Hmm. I'll try again.

Did you see that sick alt-Right burn about modern Progressives? The meme was incredible.

It was so timely and original I remember everything except for what it was about.

I wonder if there is a knock knock joke about the Soviet-Nazi nonaggression pact to be found.

Obviously. Hart is worse because he claims to have a giant platform for social change, but won't get into the weeds. But Seinfeld can never be the best guy because he never took on the tough stuff. Can crusher.

You can fault Seinfeld for not wading into politics or very divisive issues, but his show was hardly the result of "PC pussies" or that mentality. I know the term is "politically correct" but it refers more to just not upsetting people over core issues now. His show had no problem making light of sexuality, religion, stereotypes or anything like that. I mean we're still jokingly using "not that there's anything wrong with that" to this day and that was a great riff on being PC.

Maybe it's just because I like the guy, but I think Seinfeld should get more credit than Kevin Hart. Kevin Hart is trying to make sure residuals from kids movies are feeding his great-grand kids, and he ain't risking it. Seinfeld never came off as someone who would care that people got offended. Definitely not in his comedy.

Hmm. I'll try again.

Did you see that sick alt-Right burn about modern Progressives? The meme was incredible.

It was so timely and original I remember everything except for what it was about.

I wonder if there is a knock knock joke about the Soviet-Nazi nonaggression pact to be found.

So you were trying to say "specific political positions are a passing fad" but just went with "politics is a passing fad" instead. Glad we needed 4 jokes to clear that up.

Back