Kathleen Hartnett White: most embarrassing Trump nominee yet.

Conservatives were quick to disparage Obama, and Black people in government during his time, as Affirmative Action picks. Wonder what they think of Trump picks...

Got to add though that you do not need to be a scientist to be skeptical of anthropogenic climate change. Just being aware of world history , one knows the earth has been warming and cooling long before humanity industrialized.

We need a post dislike option.

This whole environmental anti-science is still the one that baffles me the most about the US and especially Trump.
I get the new tax plan for example. Its a big gamble from Trump but I can see why he did it.
Or him backing the Saudis to such a degree. I disagree with that, but I can see why he did it.

But this whole environmental science denying just makes no sense to me. Even if you somehow have convinced yourself the current spike is not man-made.
We are still going to run out of certain natural resources so why not invest heavily in renewable energy? That's the future no matter how you feel about climate change.
Or why pull out of the Paris climate agreement? That just hinders the US efforts in environmental science.
And the agreement was more of a symbol anyway. Germany, for example, is going to miss their 2020 target spectacular.
Of course, everyone knew that beforehand because the environmental effort needs to be done reasonably not to hurt your economy.
It was more of a symbol because everyone agreed to it. Even India and they shit in the streets.
But not with the US. Because the earth is just 6000 years old anyway.

SEN CARDIN: "You're not a scientist, are you?"

WHITE: "No, I'm not a scientist, but in my personal capacity I have many questions that remain unanswered by the current climate policy"

<Huh2>

They deny the climate exists? Something tells me this isn't true and you're retarded

LOL You wingnuts never cease to amaze. More concerned with lodging cheap insults over semantics than the government being run into the ground.

This whole environmental anti-science is still the one that baffles me the most about the US and especially Trump.
I get the new tax plan for example. Its a big gamble from Trump but I can see why he did it.
Or him backing the Saudis to such a degree. I disagree with that, but I can see why he did it.

But this whole environmental science denying just makes no sense to me. Even if you somehow have convinced yourself the current spike is not man-made.
We are still going to run out of certain natural resources so why not invest heavily in renewable energy? That's the future no matter how you feel about climate change.
Or why pull out of the Paris climate agreement? That just hinders the US efforts in environmental science.
And the agreement was more of a symbol anyway. Germany, for example, is going to miss their 2020 target spectacular.
Of course, everyone knew that beforehand because the environmental effort needs to be done reasonably not to hurt your economy.
It was more of a symbol because everyone agreed to it. Even India and they shit in the streets.
But not with the US. Because the earth is just 6000 years old anyway.

Why not base it totally on air quality? In the city where I live there are days when being outside for on hour is equivalent to smoking 2 pack of cigarettes..... for this reason alone we should be making the switch.

Trump knows people. The best people. :rolleyes:

Most CEOs, VPs, managers etc. don't know how to do their subordinates jobs.

Does the manager of your welding company know how to weld?

Does the the manager of Wal-Mart know how to work a cash register?

If you're generally pleased with his selections then cool for you. Count me among those who think a background in the pertinent field should be part of the qualifications.

LOL You wingnuts never cease to amaze. More concerned with lodging cheap insults over semantics than the government being run into the ground.

Uh words matter dude. Dont start crying because your shit post doesnt make sense unless i understand your ilks dishonest tactics

Why not base it totally on air quality? In the city where I live there are days when being outside for on hour is equivalent to smoking 2 pack of cigarettes..... for this reason alone we should be making the switch.

Where the fuck do you live, Chernobyl!?

If you're generally pleased with his selections then cool for you. Count me among those who think a background in the pertinent field should be part of the qualifications.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be pertinent, I'm saying it isn't across many industries.

'Managers' are money managers. They don't know the ins and outs of the department they're managing.

A manager of a welding shop would very likely know how to weld, otherwise he wouldn't have become a manager at the place. No shop owner is going to hire a guy to manage welders, who knows nothing about welding.

The manager at a particular Walmart will know how to man the cash register; but probably not be able to solve every issue/problem that arises at the job. Manning the register is hardly a job that requires an internship or steep learning curve.

C’mon now. Who cares about qualifications when everybody in the US is winning? Look at the new level of respect for America that is being garnered internationally.

A manager of a welding shop would very likely know how to weld, otherwise he wouldn't have become a manager at the place. No shop owner is going to hire a guy to manage welders, who knows nothing about welding.

The manager at a particular Walmart will know how to man the cash register; but probably not be able to solve every issue/problem that arises at the job. Manning the register is hardly a job that requires an internship or steep learning curve.

I think you're wrong. A good manager is not there to do the work of the people they hire.

They are there to maķe sure their employees do their job, and to get more jobs to keep everyone employed.

I'm not saying it shouldn't be pertinent, I'm saying it isn't across many industries.

'Managers' are money managers. They don't know the ins and outs of the department they're managing.

Sure. But those people are managing a particular business. When it comes to regulating an industry you should know your shit.

Sure. But those people are managing a particular business. When it comes to regulating an industry you should know your shit.

According to you?
My VP wouldn't know the first thing about my job or how to do it.

Back