• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Karate in the Olympics?

Can someone please explaine to me the rules and why he won?

E8M-FrVUUAEZtsI

Yea , Kumite rules are stupid. Was a clean KO

That's amazing. I mean, I don't know if that's like a regular rule that you can't kick too hard, but I wouldn't even want the gold if I won it by getting knocked out flat on my back. I'd be trading it with the other dude for silver. Otherwise years from now it's "Hey kids, want to see how dad won his gold medal?? SMACK"
I though exactly that. I would trade the medals without hesitation.

In goes MMA community with the tough guy takes, of course :)

Nothing screams more cheeto fingers than "But he got knocked out, how is he the winner?????????"

Also lol at comparing this situation to Sterling one, people are fucking stupid

Man... SAMBO needed to become an Olympic sport before this!

And the silver medal winner knew the rules before it started so... oh well.

It's a McDojo sport, rules and techniques don't really make sense.
Also, karate is a watered down version of chinese kung fu, watered down garbage is well, still garbage.

Faking being KO? Are you blind? He got hit clean in the chin and went down like dead
shouldn't have been getting his ass kicked to be in such a submissive position. It'll be short lived. Yan isn't coming to play point karate with him.

Frome my understanding of the rules, though I am a simple casual in touch butt point karate, you're suppose to aggressively ram your face into your opponents feet and hands until you lose consciousness.

It all makes sense now. Perfect execution to win that medal.

In goes MMA community with the tough guy takes, of course :)

Nothing screams more cheeto fingers than "But he got knocked out, how is he the winner?????????"

Also lol at comparing this situation to Sterling one, people are fucking stupid

Glad u said it....too much stupidity for me to touch

Strange how you lose by KO in Olympic boxing but win by getting Koed in Karate.

myheadisfulloffuck.gif

Back