Media Kamaru Usman thinks that...........

he will have more fans in England than Leon Edwards.

“Now you’re in their country, which honestly, I think imma have more fans his country than he will,”

“That’s no knock on Leon. I like Leon; I really do. Half of England is Africa. There’s a lot of Nigerians in England, a lot of Nigerians. He knows there’s a lot of Nigerians and Jamaicans. But I think I will be well represented in England.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2022/9/...media-kamaru-usman-leon-edwards-uk-fans-fight

Can somebody who lives in UK confirm his statement? Or was Usman just trying to match Adesanya's level of cringe?
<36>

I can confirm that half England isn't Africa. I'm going to file this one in the cringe category.

he will have more fans in England than Leon Edwards.

“Now you’re in their country, which honestly, I think imma have more fans his country than he will,”

“That’s no knock on Leon. I like Leon; I really do. Half of England is Africa. There’s a lot of Nigerians in England, a lot of Nigerians. He knows there’s a lot of Nigerians and Jamaicans. But I think I will be well represented in England.”

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2022/9/...media-kamaru-usman-leon-edwards-uk-fans-fight

Can somebody who lives in UK confirm his statement? Or was Usman just trying to match Adesanya's level of cringe?
<36>

I think Usman is overestimating his own popularity and underestimating Leon's.

I am pretty sure England isn't half African. I will bet there are more white people from different parts of Europe than Africans.

I doubt he has a bigger fanbase than anyone in the top of the division, regardless of which country he visits

that goes for both fighters though. Even during the fight Leon was getting hated on.
He threw like 70 strikes in 20+ mins

He also said that people were cheering for him vs Colby when they shouted: USA USA USA!!!
Because according to him he represents the american dream.

I think it's super ironic because his nickname is exactly the reverse of that: Nigerian Nightmare.

Back