Crime Kaepernick writing book for eliminating police and prisons

HockeyBjj

Putting on the foil
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Multi-million dollar mega corp sponsored, highly influential Black Lives Matter protester, Colin Kaepernick is releasing a book this October about abolishing the police. Not reforming. Not re-training. Not re-anything. Full removal.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/coli...ion-for-the-people_n_609ac057e4b0daf2b599ba60

The notion that it's only the fringe crazy, not the mainstream voices, actually calling for abolishing the police is a false one from people trying to downplay the monster they created. It's not just a catchphrase. Federal politicians are calling for full removal of police and prisons. Not just fixing their issues.

The former San Francisco 49ers quarterback edited a book of over 30 essays titled “Abolition for the People: The Movement for a Future Without Policing & Prisons.” The anthology, which calls for a future “without and beyond policing and prisons,” will be released on Oct. 12.

The activist said in a statement that he hopes the book will serve as “an introduction to abolitionist concepts, histories and practices.”

(Edit- Also, if that character in Kaep's tweet was made by a white guy, would it be considered a racist representation because she has large lips and a large nose?)

Wanna live in Ukraine circa Babylon AD?

Cause completely abolishing police in general is how you get Babylon AD. I'm not saying there can't be changes in law enforcement as it exists now but.... completely removing them? So... Warren Jeffs just goes free? Boston Bomber? Green River Killer?

images

That's an accurate representation of the new left, but only as it comes to the rot within their own ranks. They can't see their internal issues not are they willing to have a conversation about those problems. Pathetic and illiberal.

When the system shows such a resistance to reform that the issues persist over decades, that's indicative of a problem with the system at a fundamental level.

The response being "well let's dismantle the system then" shouldn't be a surprise with that in mind. If cops won't regulate themselves, and won't allow themselves to be regulated by the government, then the cops need to go away.

This is a decades long escalation in response to police ignoring the problem and gaslighting the citizenry to believe that extrajudicial killings are just a part of life in America. Nobody should be surprised that we're here.

The ridiculousness of this speaks for itself, so I just want say that I despise "Muslim" women who are far-left and use their identity for oppression points. No hijab and generally don't practice Islam, but you're a Muslim? Get stoned.

I was assured, in no uncertain terms, all last summer, that "abolish the police" and "abolish the prisons" were just slogans and were not to be taken literally. Surely I wasn't lied to.
46nclgp.gif

yahweh of the left

When the system shows such a resistance to reform that the issues persist over decades, that's indicative of a problem with the system at a fundamental level.

The response being "well let's dismantle the system" shouldn't be a surprise with that in mind. If cops won't regulate themselves, and won't allow themselves to be regulated by the government, then the cops need to go away.

This is a decades long escalation in response to police ignoring the problem and gaslighting the citizenry to believe that extrajudicial killings are just a part of life in America. Nobody should be surprised that we're here.
The thing that the left has over the right is articulate people.

Even when you have such a retarded scenario, there are plenty of articulate people who can defend, and make it sound correct to share such bad viewpoints.

The thing that the left has over the right is articulate people.

Even when you have such a retarded scenario, there are plenty of articulate people who can defend, and make it sound correct to share such bad viewpoints.

Ever heard the phrase "One bad apple spoils the bunch"?

Every time y'all excuse a "bad apple", people start asking questions about the bunch. And the bunch has been insistent that none of them are spoiled, yet we keep finding bad apples.

Sounds like the problem is the bunch. It's spoiled. Time for processing.

I really want to hear the progressive argument for abolishing prisons. I know the more conservative alternative of using corporal punishment but I doubt progressives would support that so I am curious as to their alternative.

Every time y'all excuse a "bad apple", people start asking questions about the bunch. And the bunch has been insistent that none of them are spoiled, yet we keep finding bad apples.

lol @ y'all - in every police brutality thread I'm railing against horrible state laws that protect police officers and show my disdain for police unions.

The system is rotten but that does not require dismantling. Just make the occupation like any other job: Fire those who suck.

Kaepernick is a master class in stupidity and entitlement. Obviously he's just putting his face on something other people will write. They shouldn't censor him though. Let his racism and anti-police ideas be out there for everyone to see. Kaepernick is too much of a pussy to try debating anyone rationally about these topics he pretends to care about.

The solution is to identify bad apples before they cause spoilage, not ban apples all together.

Back