k9 bundrage world champ=maybe the contender wasnt that bad

devante

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
two world champs come from the show, bundrage being the 2nd beating speaks for the title, mora beat forrest for another version of the title.

i know bundrage is no world beater; but where can he go from here, will he hold the title for a minute..who does he fight next.

Congrats to K-9. I always liked him. Limited guy but a ton of heart and dedication to the sport. I don't expect it to be a lengthy title reign, but he got to the top of the mountain, so Kudos to him. :)

Anybody see the fight?

I thought Spinks was going to box his ears off. I guess it's a matter of catching each of them at the perfect time as it relates to the arc of their careers.

I too would like to see the fight. I really thought it was going to be a stinker.

I remember that season of the Contender very well.....he was the last dude picked and Michael Clark talked all kinds of shit and K9 f'd him up in the first round.

It's cool that at his age (37) he was able to win a belt but you have to believe that people will be lining up to fight him.

It's a great story......enjoy it while it lasts.

[YT]8__JlJH-wls[/YT]

Recent interview.

I haven't seen the fight yet but I've been looking for it .. especially after seeing this..

6807_586.jpg

the contender was decent the first three seasons after that their was nothing left im sure if they could find some decent prospects now if they tried

when you think about sergio mora is a good boxer but no promoter wanted him because he didnt have a olympic medal nor did he have knock out power

so no promoter at the time wanted a feather fisted slick boxer the contender gave him fame and made him easy to promote

I thought I read Rafael mention in his scorecard that Bundrage is being trained by Manny, which could only help him in whatever title stretch he has. K9 may not be the best fighter to ever hold a belt at 154 lbs but the guy can throw a hard right hand.

its always good to see a guy from Detroit do well. props to Bundrage. I still need to see this fight as well though

Good for K-9 he won me over on the contender, seems like a nice guy hope he can get some big pay days.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back