K1 Maia vs K1 Shields

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So who's got the stand up advantage here? I know people like to sh!t on shields' striking but I don't think it's THAT bad. He's pretty active and I'm thinking he might have an advantage there BUT..

Maia is a different type of opponent than he's used to. Someone who might be better at grappling than he is, so unlike most of Shields' opponents, Damien's not afraid to grapple with him in fear of getting LnP'd.

Which changes the dynamics of the striking exchanges of both fighters. Having said that, who ya'll got?

Maia.

Shields probably has the advantage standing, but fear of the takedown/clinch will really shut his striking down imo.

Maia beats him on the feet and on the ground.

Wouldn't be surprised if one of them tries to storm the other, seriously just cause they both are great grapplers doesn't mean this will be boring at all. I'm truly expecting to see some spinning shit out of one of these men

Normally I wouldn't care about this fight, but Maia has been such a beast at 170 that I'm interested to see if he can submit Shields for the first time in Jake's fifteen-year career.

i have seen teenage street fights that show better striking than shields

When did people stop calling him "Lumpinee Shields"? Is it because they can't spell Lumpinee?

shieldsvshughes.jpg

Back