News Justin Gaethje will face the winner of Oliveira vs Poirier at UFC 269, per Dana White

Which fight would you like to see after UFC 269

• Total voters

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Dana White Confirms Justin Gaethje Is Next In Line At Lightweight.

XtrQGPC.jpg

“Yup (he’s next),” White said Wednesday on “The Jim Rome Podcast.” “As long as everybody’s healthy and everything’s good, it should be him, coming off one of the greatest fights anybody’s ever seen in their life.”

‘The Highlight’ is coming off an impressive decision win over Michael Chandler in a fight that seems almost certain to be named 2021’s Fight of the Year.

Ahead of his UFC 268 fight with Chandler, Gaethje was somewhat worried that the powers at be might not grant him a title shot with a win.

"Gaethje said during his UFC 268 pre-fight presser. “If I don’t get the shot, we riot. We go to war. I have to be biased when it comes to this. I’m not going to be around here for much longer, so if I were to get snubbed again then, yeah, I’d have to do something about it. Whether that’s causing a ruckus.”

"It appears that a riot will no be necessary, as White seemed to confirm that Gaethje will get the winner of Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier which will take place at UFC 269 on December 11."

-----​

Source and full story here: https://www.lowkickmma.com/dana-white-says-justin-gaethje-next-in-line/

aww you beat me by a few seconds posting the news lol

"Gaethje said during his UFC 268 pre-fight presser. “If I don’t get the shot, we riot. We go to war. I have to be biased when it comes to this. I’m not going to be around here for much longer, so if I were to get snubbed again then, yeah, I’d have to do something about it. Whether that’s causing a ruckus.”

Wtf does he mean "again?" Was he seriously expecting to get two title shots in a row?

In love Oliveira but he would lose to either one of them.

Picked the rematch.

I dont think Gaethje deserves it over the winner of Dariush-islam

Oh well UFC does whatever the fuck they want.

I would love to see Oliveira vs Gaethje. Not the best fan of rematches, especially after the first fight.

It will depend on if Oliveira can avoid getting hurt early....

Gaethje has been pretty annoying lately but I guess I've come around to him getting the TS, there really isn't a great argument for anyone else at the moment (the timelines of Oliveira/Poirier winner and Dariush/Islam winner don't really align here). Just give it to Gaethje, get it out of the way, and then he can go back to becoming the elite gatekeeper he's always been destined to be

Back