• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Justin Gaethje wants to prove "Islam Makhachev is not Khabib" after UFC 291 win

If Justin or Dustin win they are the obvious next challenger after Oliveira. If Alex wants another TS. Vacate at FW and earn another TS by beating the loser of this weekend’s ME.

There's got to be another fight.

Cuz Islam-Charles 2 is late October. THEN we have the Volk rematch after that? THEN the winner of Justin-Dustin, who fight this weekend?

Timing don't fit

I see where Gaethje is coming from. Islam fights at a fairly sedate pace, doesn't have the best of chins and is vulnerable to leg kicks. Gaethje likes to fight his fight and loves to control the pace and Islam might allow him.

However, Islam is hard to catch and probably has the most diverse takedowns in the division. Geathje would probably get fits if the fight hits the ground.

You would have to favour Islam but Gaethje a live dog IF he can keep it standing.

Khabib was better at GNP and overall aggression - he would come in HOT and cause his opponents to make mistakes worrying about wrestling.

Islam is a much more refined fighter. His striking is actually top notch and he was CLEAN CLOCKING Volk with counters. Some people may not realize just how hard Volk is to hit clean, let alone repeatedly with counters.

JG has decent counter wrestling but absolutely sucks at grappling. I cannot fathom a world where he doesn't get tapped by Islam.

There's got to be another fight.

Cuz Islam-Charles 2 is late October. THEN we have the Volk rematch after that? THEN the winner of Justin-Dustin, who fight this weekend?

Timing don't fit
I don't wanna bring out my tinfoil hat, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Conor get the winner of Saturday's main event

I don't wanna bring out my tinfoil hat, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Conor get the winner of Saturday's main event
Sounds about right. I was going to jokingly suggest we just sacrifice Conor to Beneil to get him back on track with name value, then have Beneil fight DJustin for next after Charslam-Volk

Sounds about right. I was going to jokingly suggest we just sacrifice Conor to Beneil to get him back on track with name value, then have Beneil fight DJustin for next after Charslam-Volk
Yeah I wouldn't bank on it, they have no incentive to sacrificing their cash cow to hype.... Beneil? Haha

The problem is 155 is so jammed at the top, that there's actually a shortage of meaningful contenders. It's a good division on paper, but compared to other there's no flow

Yeah I wouldn't bank on it, they have no incentive to sacrificing their cash cow to hype.... Beneil? Haha

The problem is 155 is so jammed at the top, that there's actually a shortage of meaningful contenders. It's a good division on paper, but compared to other there's no flow
I have two thoughts. A) Conor fights who he wants and he doesn't want to fight, so he's not fighting anyone anyway. And B), fuck it, ya never know what a coke fiend is thinking, so might as well offer

True, just needs some breathing room a bit, just for the top to not seem so tired

Islam would finish Justin faster than Khabib did.

he has a better chance against islam, the counter striker who doesnt put nearly as much forward pressure on as khabib/charles which played a massive part as to why he gassed so bad. I dont rate Islams cage wrestling as high as khabibs either. none of this will matter if it hits the ground though

They always say Justin has a great wrestling but he is the shittier version of Yoel. He is worse wrestler than him and he even use wrestling less than Yoel which a hard thing to do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back