News Justin Gaethje jumps McGregor in LW Rankings. Conor moves up one in P4P ...

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score

Source: https://www.ufc.com/rankings

Conor is fighting in WW. Does an increase in pounds leads to an increase in pound for pound?

2IO.gif

Rampage P4P king?

quinton-jackson-bellator-206-official-weigh-ins.jpg

Last edited:
Add a Poirer vs Gathje rematch to the other 2 big fights taking place at LW (Khabib vs Tony and Conor vs Cowboy) + the Felder vs Hooker bout (they're sitting on the outside though) and you got yourself a hell of a mini-tournament there.

Doesn't really make sense but ok lol.

Lol at Volk #9 and not #1.

The real list:

#1 Volk
#2 Khabib
#3 Izzy
#4 Henrique
#5 Max
#6 Usman
#7 Bobby
#8 Dustin
#9 Joe-B
#10 T-Ferg

P.S. HWs, LHWs and women are not great by any metric.

Lol @ Conor and P4P in the same sentence.

I already predicted that Conor would move up in the rankings recently. I’m guessing Cowboy moves up in the ranks too to make Conor look better win or lose

Of course they are--HWs and LHWs have KO power unmatched in other divisions.
They are bad at fighting and should not be ranked on any fighting list. Anything bigger than Yoel Romero is way over optimum. In fact, someone like Yoel buries majority of them, even today.

They are bad at fighting and should not be ranked on any fighting list. Anything bigger than Yoel Romero is way over optimum. In fact, someone like Yoel buries majority of them, even today.

Manlet confirmed.

As a generalisation, I agree but I don't think you can make that into a rule. The best HWs and LHWs are definitely better than the average MW (e.g., prime Cain Velasquez, Junior Dos Santos, Lyoto Machida or Fedor Emelianenko eclipses Tim Boetsch).
Furthermore, by "bad at fighting" you seem to mean unskilled, which I agree they are, relatively. But others might demur because they would parse "bad at fighting" as ineffective, which HWs aren't necessarily.

The real list:

#1 Volk
#2 Khabib
#3 Izzy
#4 Henrique
#5 Max
#6 Usman
#7 Bobby
#8 Dustin
#9 Joe-B
#10 T-Ferg

So you're from straya and this is the list of fighters that you know?

Tapper didn't fight at all last year, is 2-2 since 2016 (arguably 1-3), his last win is over three years ago, got his ass beat in his last bout, and scored a DQ with a old man in a bar. I mean, I get that this shit is a joke, but at least make it a funny one.

Last edited:
Conor is number 1 P4P in selling alcohol to his young fans since 2017

So McGregor is below Dustin and Gaethje in LW rankings but somehow above them in P4P list? What kind of logic is this lol.

1-1 at LW and soon to have more fights at WW makes you top 5 in LW.
<mma4>

Rankings don't matter

So McGregor is below Dustin and Gaethje in LW rankings but somehow above them in P4P list? What kind of logic is this lol.
Not that this should be the case, but I'm guessing the rankings for P4P are judged on the fighter's resume while the weight class rankings are obviously just for that weight class. Conor has hoped between 3 weight classes in his last 5 UFC fights, and as a whole his UFC record is pretty impressive, even though most of his wins were at FW and are now a distant memory.

His inactivity should shoot him outside the top 10, but it's hardly a secret that the UFC will sacrifice any structured legitimacy with rankings to boost their cash cows.

The real list:

#1 Volk
#2 Khabib
#3 Izzy
#4 Henrique
#5 Max
#6 Usman
#7 Bobby
#8 Dustin
#9 Joe-B
#10 T-Ferg

Lol you manage to propose a list even worse than the official. Thats quite the achivement

Back