• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media Justin G has a better chance to beat khabib then Tony

I don't think so, I feel Tony had the threat off of his back which would trouble Khabib
Also he is really long when he is on point
Justin has a different skillset, while he is very good, it also easier to game-plan for him than Tony

Same, dude is my favorite fighter along with Ryan Hall. Replaced the void Chris Lytle left (although Lytle had great BJJ). You can actually watch his wild scrambles in his old fights, dude will backflip away, it got him in trouble with Alvarez and he caught a kick doing it but still. Not to mention he hides that low kick of his with his combinations. He really likes to exit a combo with that right leg kick after catching you with the left hand.

Lmao I remember him leg kicking a dude so bad that the guy gave the time out sign before Justin slept him. Not to mention people sleep on how fast and accurate he is.
Lol ya for sure his leg kicks are deadly I remember him winning a few fights with those.

I like Justin a lot man but what I saw Saturday is that Khabib is the best LW on the planet and beats him and Tony handily.
Justin hits hard and won’t mentally quit against Khabib, but one big whiffed shot and he’s gonna be on his back. It’s gonna be interesting to see if he uses his wrestling effectively against Khabib.
I will be excited to watch them fight and at the end of the day anything can happen.

I feel like people are overthinking this

Justin just beat the shit out of Tony. He was clearly the better fighter. Tony’s one good chance was the uppercut at end of R2

Tony’s chances vs Khabib are mainly presented as cardio & “dangerous from the bottom”. I find the latter pretty desperate & the former not much better (the flip side would be “I’m going to lose the first few rounds & get taken down by one of the best maulers ever in MMA but don’t worry, I’ll come on strong when he gets tired of beating me up”)

I’m exaggerating but my point remains. Tony’s path to victory was a variation of a puncher’s chance which translates into not much of a chance

Justin is better than Tony. Theoretically has better takedown defense. Seems like Justin is more dangerous to Khabib

btw - I feel terrible that Tony lost his title shot & I salute him for putting on a hell of a show at 249

Can Justin handle non-stop pressure though? Isn't that his one weakness, gassing?

He

actually has WAY better wrestling credentials then khabib. Khabib has never fought a wrestler either. Never mind a wrestler at this level.
Khabib has fought wrestlers. And Khabib may not have extensive wrestling credentials, but his wrestling and overall grappling as it relates to MMA is simply brilliant. My one knock against Khabib however, is that as stacked as LW is, there really aren't too many truly elite grapplers in the division. Most fighters at LW are either All-round guys, or striking based fighters. We have yet to see him tested against an elite Division 1 wrestler who's translated well into MMA. It remains to be if Justin can be that guy. He certain has the background. The question is, can he sharpen that tool...

I just hope Gaethje gets a proper camp and that knuckle has a chance to heal. With a cut like that on the knuck it’s going to take a while to heal every time he makes a fist or punches it will open back up..... Good time to practice the grappling and TD Defense/ Strategy!

The fake tonys fans now transferred over to Justin fans.

I want to see what khabib does if is wrestling is nullified. Gaethje uses his wrestling just like Chuck did to keep it standing if khabib has to stand with him I think he is trouble. Very interested to see how the spamming of takedowns goes with a guy who throws such big shots every time.

The fake tonys fans now transferred over to Justin fans.
Always like Tony but Justin has been my dude for a long time. Only fight I didn’t want him to win was against poor one handed Newell. He was the only damn reason I watched WSOF and Marlon

They are actually conor fans dying to see khabib lose
This I do agree with that. Everybody seems to be jumping on this Justin G hype train and most of them have to clue who he really is or havent seen any of his fights outside of UFC. And some not even all his UFC fights.

I want to see what khabib does if is wrestling is nullified. Gaethje uses his wrestling just like Chuck did to keep it standing if khabib has to stand with him I think he is trouble. Very interested to see how the spamming of takedowns goes with a guy who throws such big shots every time.
Didnt have much trouble against conor in round 3 who is a better striker than Justin. Now you gonna say well he tired and beat conor up 1st 2 rounds. Yes thats true but if Justin plans on stopping all takedowns and lots of clinch fighting Justin will be tired as well and his gas tank goes on empty when he has to wrestle. Justin said himself he refuses to do wrestling because it tires him out....Well thats a huge fukin problem against khabib who can chain wrestle all day

Didnt have much trouble against conor in round 3 who is a better striker than Justin. Now you gonna say well he tired and beat conor up 1st 2 rounds. Yes thats true but if Justin plans on stopping all takedowns and lots of clinch fighting Justin will be tired as well and his gas tank goes on empty when he has to wrestle. Justin said himself he refuses to do wrestling because it tires him out....Well thats a huge fukin problem against khabib who can chain wrestle all day

Justin is tailor made to beat khabib if he can’t no one will in this division. Of course wrestling is more tiresome then striking.
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/mmajunk...olkstyle-wrestling-vs-khabib-nurmagomedov/amp

I wouldn't say better chance.

Tony may have the better chance vs khabib..

Gaethjes great tdd is all hel have and well see how good it actually is..

Tony also has great tdd with great bjj and wrestling mostly known for his submissions when grappling..

Both have better standup than khabib and can come forward with the pressure..

Tony also has a better gas tank than both

I can see gaethje winning if he can use that tdd other than that khabib will gass gaethje out if he tries to grapple.

If he did grapple with tony khabib could be in danger theres a chance.

But gaethje would just be defending to getup.

So I dont understand you're logic is it because gaethje won vs tony???

And you're stupid

But I'd give them both a 40 percent chance to beat the Dagestani wrestler

Maybe only since age may have finally caught up with Tony but I definitely think the Tony of a couple of years back would have been a tougher fight for Khabib.

As good as Justin looked it took him about 23 minutes of standup to finally put Tony away. He isn't going to get that much time against Khabib, he'll have maybe 5-6 minutes total at the start of the rounds to get the job done so I'd make Khabib a heavy favourite.

Back