• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Locked JUSTICE LEAGUE Movie Thread v.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you told me a few years ago that Justice League wasn't a lock for 1 Billion I would have laughed at you , now 900 mil seems like a long shot .

I think 600 should be easy enough but it must east at Studio Execs that " The Revengers" will possibly have the stronger November Debut.

I'm getting tired of DC being so close.. This comic thing is going to end. If it were the 90s, we would have already made it end. That said, it's going to end, and dc will have been close to making some really cool movies, but will have mostly whiffed. It' sad.

I owned death of superman when it came out. I wasn' huge into comics, but I had a stack and some plastic wrapped issues. I keep saying I'm done, but they keep making some good ones. Soon, the talk will be real, and for the love if God we have to move on. The fact they screwed up some of these easy hits, like death of superman, is kind of inexcusable.

Will go see, maybe, on OPs semi- recommendation.

I'm getting tired of DC being so close.. This comic thing is going to end. If it were the 90s, we would have already made it end. That said, it's going to end, and dc will have been close to making some really cool movies, but will have mostly whiffed. It' sad.

I owned death of superman when it came out. I wasn' huge into comics, but I had a stack and some plastic wrapped issues. I keep saying I'm done, but they keep making some good ones. Soon, the talk will be real, and for the love if God we have to move on. The fact they screwed up some of these easy hits, like death of superman, is kind of inexcusable.

Will go see, maybe, on OPs semi- recommendation.

I think the biggest disappointment from DC will always be the way they handled the death of superman. That's a story that's already done you just have to make the movie and they still screwed it up.

Also the other stuff I can forgive and they did good with Batman and most recently WW but man that death of superman story line hurt. I always wanted to see that in a real movie and they just dwindled it down into 5 mins at the end of BVS.

I think the biggest disappointment from DC will always be the way they handled the death of superman. That's a story that's already done you just have to make the movie and they still screwed it up.

Also the other stuff I can forgive and they did good with Batman and most recently WW but man that death of superman story line hurt. I always wanted to see that in a real movie and they just dwindled it down into 5 mins at the end of BVS.

Yeah. I liked the tdk trilogy. I was batmanned out for a decade after that, I guess.

And yes, where were the booming shots where the way the were whomping on eaxh other was breaking glass a mile away.. That was thee epic fight in comic history. Destroyed.

Was mentioned today
View attachment 301439
Call me Bruce

Jake Gyllenhaal.....

Does anyone else think this is a bad idea?

He is just NOT Batman.

Those big bug eyes peering out from the cowl.

He's clearly aged but he's still got a baby face - he's just not masculine enough for Batman/Bruce Wayne.

They should've just given it to Josh Brolin in the first place - he really lobbied for the role

7418211.jpg

Now instead he's accepting consolation prizes from Marvel in the form of any old shite - Thanos, Cable, the teaboy.

I hope WB can persuade Ben Affleck to weather the storm and stay on; recasts like this just kill the character.

Not sure what people wanted with this movie. We got a good backround story for the heros we didnt know and the peices had been planted in the other movies for the motherboxes. I thought it was pretty awesome with balls to the wall action. I think if this came out 5 years ago from marvel people would have a different attitude toward it.

8/10 for me

I would think one more with bale would make a lot of money.

A lot.

Ares was much better compared to Steppenwolf. Real actor in a suit makes a much more effective character/villain than an all-CGI one. Plus Steppenwolf is just portrayed so generically. By the 4th time he shows up, you just don't care about him anymore.

I have no problems with Cyborg's CGI suit. It looked good to me. But I could just be in the minority.

I expected steppen to come off as this god of destruction type and built up as a legit threat.

He was poorly misused for such a legit villain.

The way he was killed off as well. Was too generic.

I expected steppen to come off as this god of destruction type and built up as a legit threat.

He was poorly misused for such a legit villain.

The way he was killed off as well. Was too generic.

I hate that they chose to let the Parademons devour him , making sure that none of the League delivered the "Killing Blow " those generic things were cans throughout. Also you got the sense that Superman was toying with him

Last edited by a moderator:
Box Office Update:

Justice League earned $13 million from Thursday night previews.

I'm about to see this shit on 4 hours of sleep

I hope I dont pass out in the middle of the movie

I'm about to see this shit on 4 hours of sleep

I hope I dont pass out in the middle of the movie

My wife tried to do this with Thor Ragnarok. As soon as I saw the seats reclined I knew she wouldn't make it.

I originally gave this movie a 7 out of 10, but that was because I was being bias, because I am a fan and I’m so heavily invested into the DC superheroes. After waking up, l’m dropping the 7 to a 5.5.

I love Man of Steel. It had a realistic tone, and a real serious sense of danger with the world terraforming, because people were actually dying. It felt like September 11th but much worse. However, people bitch and whine and complained, that the movie is not “fun” that Superman didn’t save everyone. So now we have this pussy ass marval movie that feels like a live action animated movie, with no Sense of danger, because they want to pleased all you fuckers that want “fun” in the DCEU. Now we have more of the same shit that Marval does.

I thought it was so god damn FUCKING STUPID that in Justice League, Superman carried a building on his back to save lives. How the fuck did that building not break apart and collapse into itself? They threw realism out of the movie, so now it feels fake as hell. That is probably a edit reshot from Joss Whedon.

People didn’t like BvS, but they all blame on the dark tone. IMO, the dark tone was not the problem. The problem was spending majority of the film with the horrible adaptation of Lex Luther manipulating Batman and Superman to fight each other, which made the movie drag on and made it boring with a lot of nothing happening.

They should just made Lex handover the kryptonite rock to Bruce Wayne, and let Batman and Superman bang.

“Fun” doesn’t mean it has to be light in tone or cartoonish. Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are dark in tone and have a sense of realism and it was still fun. Inception was dark and fun. I don’t understand why people have this false notion that “fun” can’t be dark.

The CGI sucks. There has to be a way to do monsters without turning them into PlayStation 3 video game characters.

Aquaman was just a brawler, that didn’t use his unique powers.

They made Batman a total pussy, and humiliated him.

I’m highly disappointed, and since they turned the DCEU into Marval, I’m officially done with Superhero movies. I just don’t fucking care anymore

Last edited:
Nothing will convince me that rotten tomatoes isn't being paid off by Disney. Every single Marvel films gets in the high 80's and 90's and yet we have Justice league sitting below 40$. This movie was good (not great) in my opinion and doesn't deserve the hate it is receiving. I could have done without some of the humor, especially from Batman but that was expected considering Whedon took control.

Superman was incredible in this. I wish they would put aside their other projects and work on Man of Steel 2.

Overall I had a more fun time watching this than Thor 3. Don't know why people think Thor 3 is so amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back