Just when you think the UFC cant get worse

Why would they give a title fight to a guy who's retiring in 6 months? Also Aldo likely won't be ready to fight by April.

Also Max is absolutely huge for the fw division. Hes going to move up to lw and probably within the next 12 to 18 months.

Personally I would of rather seen Tony vs Poirier and had Max stay at fw for 2 to 3 more fights but people get do, so caught up in the belts irlts ridiculous. Both of these fights should be extremely exciting and feature elite fighters. That's good enough for me
Regaurding aldo: They let Henderson fight for a MW title knowing he'd retire that night, For a long reigning champ like aldo who probably could make the date if he wanted to, I don't think it's THAT far fetched. He says he wanted to fight for a title 1 more time and as long as max is FW champ he'll never get another shot there again.

As far as the match ups go, I agree they are both great fights, both with elite fighters but they are not the last 2 elite fighters in the world. there are more sensible fights that lead both divisions into other directions that both involve elite fighters. Edgar vs Max and tony vs Poirier will give you your exciting match ups with elite fighters, in incredibly exciting match ups. It just creates a better situation for the divisions when it's said and done. It's not the interim title that i have the problem with, It's that if max wants to move up he should move up and challenge for the legitimate UFC title. if he wins the interim title and waits for khabib that will be almost a whole year before the FW title gets defended, unless he vacates which again I do not want to see A champion vacate his Legitimate title in favour of an interim title.

We get Holloway vs Poirier. Yet another worthless "interim title" and not only that but they have now stooped to an all-time low and putting TWO "interim titles" on the same card.

I am all for Holloway moving up and challenging for the LW title as Featherweight needs to iron out some contenders currently but a champ moving up to fight for a fake belt is maybe the most laughable thing the WWE...I mean UFC has done. I know they desperately want to turn this fighting thing into entertainment rather than a real sport but this is ridiculous.

Stop the interim madness! Strip the champ if he is inactive too long or just wait until they come back, creating interim titles when a champ is out four 6-8 weeks is pathetic and dilutes what that championship belt is supposed to mean.

I never thought this day would come but I will be very happy when WME runs this hack of an organization into the ground and Bellator becomes the big show.

-In before someone says don't watch

tony turned down the fight and the nsac was the real problem.

what world do you live in that ufc champs fight every 8 weeks.

There should be no Interim titles.

This whole situation is a simple fix

——————/

A Champion should have a maximum of 1 year to defend.

If a Champion cannot defend within that time, wether due to injury, suspension or failed negotiations then the title should go vacant.

Upon a former Champions return, he should be allowed to be the first challenger to face the new & defending Champion.

If a Champion agrees a title defence, which is then marketed by the UFC to the fans, but withdraws due to illness, injury or missed weight - then the title should be automatically vacated.

On all of the events that a title bout is headlining, there should also be a co-main event featured from the same division with these two fighters being from the top ten in the official rankings.

Then if a title bout is headlining, and the Champion ( or Challenger ) withdraws, then the fighter from co-main event with the highest ranking should then contest the title.

For example :

Main Event :
UFC World Title Bout :
Whittaker ( Defending Champion )
Vs
Kelvin G

Co-Main Event :
Adeysanya
Vs
Silva

Whittaker withdraws on an agreed & scheduled defence....

UFC World Title Bout :
Kelvin G
Vs
Adeysanya

Silva
Vs
‘Opportunity’

—————-

The New Champion, defends againt the former Champion upon the former Champions return. If he cannot within the allowed time ( 365 days ), the title falls vacant and the former Champion contests the belt against the highest ranking contender.

We get Holloway vs Poirier. Yet another worthless "interim title" and not only that but they have now stooped to an all-time low and putting TWO "interim titles" on the same card.

I am all for Holloway moving up and challenging for the LW title as Featherweight needs to iron out some contenders currently but a champ moving up to fight for a fake belt is maybe the most laughable thing the WWE...I mean UFC has done. I know they desperately want to turn this fighting thing into entertainment rather than a real sport but this is ridiculous.

Stop the interim madness! Strip the champ if he is inactive too long or just wait until they come back, creating interim titles when a champ is out four 6-8 weeks is pathetic and dilutes what that championship belt is supposed to mean.

I never thought this day would come but I will be very happy when WME runs this hack of an organization into the ground and Bellator becomes the big show.

-In before someone says don't watch
UFCs goal was always pop culture. Now theyre making pop culture moves just like they always said they would. The metrics and analysis department is driving the business. Science bro!

So wait what is it? Bisping or Conor sit out and it's time to strip them but Khabib wants to sit out over a year and it's fine?

Both he and Whittaker will have gone over a year without defending their titles.

If you drama Queens would stop crying about what's fair like 12 year old girls you'd see these are two good ass fights.
Conor sat out for how long compared to khabib?

Yea fw champ against a lw that isn't Ferguson for the interim title.

Amazing match making.

So they offered Tony a fight vs Max??
Tony vs Dustin. 2 rightful contenders at 155. Now they fuck up the top of the division even more by bringing in Max, and if he wins they have fucked up 145 aswell.
Dana is a fucking bitch
not only that but Tony is ALREADY the 55 interim champ lol

I’m actually happy Tony didn’t take that fight. He deserves nothing less than a shot for the actual belt; fuck this interim bullshit especially since they don’t mean shit these days anyway.
I don't get why people are saying this. He's never getting a shot now, so why would you be happy for him?

Fake belts instead of just saying it’s a number one contender fight feels very tacky and played out at this point.

Do you guys remember the good old days when fights and title shots were based on merit? Yeah, I miss them too.

Back