*Just watched the TJ/Cejudo stoppage for the first time. Here are my humble thoughts*

TJ is resilient, gotta give him that. But just because he didn't turtle up it doesn't mean he wasn't done.
Single leg from his knees against a world class wrestler? Crazy to think that he could've progressed to a better position.

TJ was trying to get up and even made an attempt to grab Cejudo's leg.And who knows after that? Maybe he would have recovered OR would have gotten knocked out clean.Sadly we will never know because of the dumb ass referee. Recall Glover Teixeira's fight. He went limp but the ref gave it some time and he came back to win the fight.

Apples and oranges because Glover was the better grappler in that early fight and used it to make the punches stop, Cejudo is the better grappler in the main event and was outmanuvering TJ to land more shots, no way is TJ outwrestling an olympic gold medalist when hes rocked.

Cejudo is the better grappler in the main event and was outmanuvering TJ to land more shots, no way is TJ outwrestling an olympic gold medalist when hes rocked.
That is just an assumption.We both can't know what would have happened.As a biased TJ fan i think he would have recovered but that's a assumption as well.
<Fedor23>

The stoppage was fine.
TJ didn't need to get more hurt than necessary.
If he wasn't that hurt, when it should go quick to do the rematch in 135.

It reminded me of nunes v cyborg. Where's all the commotion about that. I don't think tj wants any at 135 too risky and he knows it. Looking forward for his excuses why not.

Apples and oranges because Glover was the better grappler in that early fight and used it to make the punches stop, Cejudo is the better grappler in the main event and was outmanuvering TJ to land more shots, no way is TJ outwrestling an olympic gold medalist when hes rocked.

That was a scramble on a desperate situation. Is not that TJ was looking for a single leg and get the TD. He was trying to protect, to stop Henry's punches and to make his way up. They are small guys, scramble are fast, they go up in a second.

TJ is resilient, gotta give him that. But just because he didn't turtle up it doesn't mean he wasn't done.
Single leg from his knees against a world class wrestler? Crazy to think that he could've progressed to a better position.
He didn’t have to get a takedown. He just had to keep defending and avoiding more damage. Ref stopped it basically on the last knockdown not because tj couldn’t defend himself in that position.

Tj was out from the first flurry of 7 punches on the ground

The ref was more than fair

I thought it was fine but would have been OK with TJ getting hit a few more times.

Tj was gonna get fucked up from the first leg kick and punch that cejudo landed, look at the fight again. Cejudos first kick punch he threw stung Tj ass.

what ? english motherfuc ker, do you speak it ?
how come your writting is so bad ? are you explosive ?

my problem with the stoppage is weight cutting. you don't fully re-hydrate and then get dropped way easier. it becomes the expectation with fights like these that someones going to get dropped easy from the weight cut. tj got hit on the button but i dont think he would have had such a hard time getting back with it at 135 or 145. just seemed like tj cut to much weight and we didn't get the fight we wanted to see. not saying tj would have won but i think there would have been a lot of high level technique in that fight

Back