• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just saw a white dude dressed up like a monk at an airport

There was a guy on this board who pretended to be a half thai monk with hundreds of Muay Thai fights. It went on for years and he was a regular poster.

You do realize that white monks are a thing, right?

Did he then attempt to steal a handful of Milky Way bars?

There's a white guy who came to Korea and decided to be a buddhist monk. He know lives up in a temple and shit and writes books about enlightenment.

Are you referring to Hyon Gak Sunim (formely known as Paul Muenzen)? He left South Korea years ago and returned to the United States because he had issues with the politics of the Jogye Order. He did not like the Order's focus on money and the awful way women and foreigners are treated. He now lives and teaches in Germany.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was admiring myself in the mirror then this white dude came into toliet, looking like he just popped out of chinese temple, and proceeded to shave his head right next to me.

what a strange world we are living in.

What is so strange about that? White people can't be monks?

There are a lot of white people who become monks in asia. It isn't all that crazy.

'I was admiring myself in the mirror'

giphy.gif

Thread would have been better had you said you saw BJ Penn dressed up as a monk at the airport.

Missed opportunity. imo

I was admiring myself in the mirror then this white dude came into toliet, looking like he just popped out of chinese temple, and proceeded to shave his head right next to me.

what a strange world we are living in.
I use my friends trimmers to shave my pubes.
Hilarious

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RBG
Back