Just rewatched the biggest MMA fight of all time

Th first fight between Royce Gracie and Kazushi Sakuraba was a bigger, more pivotal match.

No rules. No time limits (aside from rounds).
BJJ dominated until Sakuraba showed how to counter the Gracie’s style. Sakuraba became known as the “Gracie Hunter”.

Remember that UFC was originally founded by the Gracie family. They used the UFC to advertise the superiority of BJJ to other martial arts styles. Sakuraba and his catch wrestling background showed that BJJ could be countered.

All Hail Sakuraba

Last edited:
There are only one kind of people more annoying than Pride nutjobs, Pride nutjobs that didn't even watched mma back in the day and still make it bigger than it was.

Biggest fight in mma history is going to happen October 6.

you sound old and depressed.

Maybe all the cheesy smell of gay jiu jitsu has twisted your mind.

Im a gold belt in wing schwup come at me girl

<RawexDidThis1>

I would argue the biggest MMA fight of all time was hendo vs rampage. It unified the pride and ufc LHW belts

I would argue the biggest MMA fight of all time was hendo vs rampage. It unified the pride and ufc LHW belts

Eh, not really. It was under ufc rules so it was in name only since all of the great Pride rules couldn't be used. It was a good, close fight, but no one even cares about it now and they barely seemed to at the time.

I wish Fedor - Lesnar would have gone done when it was first proposed, maybe 10 years ago or so. Shame that never materialized. The event would have been huge, ...the fight, I'm not so sure how good it would have been.

I can feel the tension through my laptop screen..13 years later I can feel how much this fight meant at the time. Shame I didn't see this live lol. Shame I didn't even know that MMA existed.
Two badasses. No midgets no manlets just two big guys throwing BOMBS. Had Fedor retired after this fight he'd still be the greatest of all time. This fight cemented his greatness

FEDOR WAS AN ABSOLUTE MONSTER IN HIS PRIME

I thought it would be a dope idea to post this exact fight again...

But this time from the
!Ref-Cam-Angle!...which is fantastic...
Gives you a good feeling of their speed and how much movement that was going in this fight:
Fedor x CroCop RefCam

Ref-Cam needs to have a big comeback imo....

And i actually just made a thread yesterday, about the whole Event...
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/today-13yrs-ago-finalconflict-2005.3818185/#post-144141495

I can feel the tension through my laptop screen..13 years later I can feel how much this fight meant at the time. Shame I didn't see this live lol. Shame I didn't even know that MMA existed.
Two badasses. No midgets no manlets just two big guys throwing BOMBS. Had Fedor retired after this fight he'd still be the greatest of all time. This fight cemented his greatness

FEDOR WAS AN ABSOLUTE MONSTER IN HIS PRIME

What was the gate and how many ppvs were sold?

Back