Just rewatched Pettis/WB

I'm not trying to take credit away from Pettis, that knockout was spectacular but Wonderboy had been dominating that fight and had Pettis busted up pretty good, if that punch didn't land as clean as it did with Wonderboy off balance it would not have stopped the fight. Amazing punch and knockout but I do think Wonderboy wins that fight 9 out of 10 times.

Wonderboy loses a bit of concentration during parts of the fight. With his style of fighting, you have to be constantly focused or you will get caught, jumping in and out like that. If he had a better chin, he could lose concentration and not affect him that much but he doesn't so he can't

God damn! I still can't believe that, Pettis is a legend of the game, absolutely beautiful stuff. Always comes out to out on a show, always has exciting fights, has been in there with the best light weights ever and always performs.

Ferguson, Pettis, Lawler, Dustin, Holloway, most exciting fighters in the sport.

Respect to WB to, looked good.

I think Pettis should just keep on picking fights that will stand up battles.

Pettis vs Lawler! Pettis Masvidal! Pettis Till! Give it to me! Don't put him in there with any wrestlers.

i dont know man..

props to showtime, hes an amazing fighter, but i think he gets starched by the 3 mentioned above, and 9/10 by thompson.

wonderboys work is amazing, but although he was winning, his LOWWW hands and over confidence somehow made me worry for him.

it seems when motherfucers really push him, the best ww shows.. but last night, it was like he got to comfortable while cornering pettis, too karate, too cocky (?)

It's so fucking infuriating that WB lost that way. I can't fault him for not expecting a flying hook off the fence. Anyone would have got caught with that nonsense.
Especially when the punch looked like there was nothing behind it. Crazy. Good for him

People shouldn't discount the effect that the leg kicks had on Wonderboy's mobility. Pettis was eating up his legs all fight and it probably contributed to his inability to avoid the fight ending attack. He looked stuck in the mud when Pettis lunged at him.

Too early for that to have had a ton of effect. The issue was that he didn't see it coming.

Great move by Pettis but not the kind of fight that makes me favor him more in future fights. He's in the stage where you should just give him opponents that make for entertaining fights.

Maybe I should rewatch it. It was a great finish and I'm impressed with Pettis' creativity and pacing. But he was getting pieced up.

I was giving pettis a chance before the fight but after the first round I assumed it was going to be a Thompson decision.

The counterpoint of course is that it was one of the best strikers in MMA and Pettis was the first to finish him but I just worry about fighters in their next fight who get by like that.
It wasn’t a dominant performance. He seemed to be losing and took a lot of damage up until the point that strike landed. But, he pulled it out. Props to him.

Pettis/Masvidal for the inaugural UFC Gangsta Championship. Winner gets the belt and a trophy of a three piece combo with the soda.

Book it, Dana!

Maybe I should rewatch it. It was a great finish and I'm impressed with Pettis' creativity and pacing. But he was getting pieced up.

I was giving pettis a chance before the fight but after the first round I assumed it was going to be a Thompson decision.

The counterpoint of course is that it was one of the best strikers in MMA and Pettis was the first to finish him but I just worry about fighters in their next fight who get by like that.
It only looked like Thompson was pieced him up. Pettis was chopping his legs and it would slow WB down a lot in the latter rounds. Pettis was fighting well and smart that night. WB is a great fighter with better hands. It was a beautiful fight between two great strikers.

Wonderboy loses a bit of concentration during parts of the fight. With his style of fighting, you have to be constantly focused or you will get caught, jumping in and out like that. If he had a better chin, he could lose concentration and not affect him that much but he doesn't so he can't

If he had a better chin? He's been locked in the cage with some of the heaviest hitters of his division and has eaten their shots. He just suffered his first knockout in over 80 professional fights.

giphy.gif

Yeah. Either Chiesa or Ponz. That is who I would throw Woodley up against.
Edwards. Chiesa isnt even ranked, & Ponzi isn't getting offered anyone ranked higher than him because he turned down Till, according to RDA. And I believe him, he's always been 1 of the realest.

Edwards. Chiesa isnt even ranked, & Ponzi isn't getting offered anyone ranked higher than him because he turned down Till, according to RDA. And I believe him, he's always been 1 of the realest.

I personally like the Chiesa vs Woodley fight. Edwards or Ponz would work too.

Yeah. Wonderboy was dominating the fight. He was picking Pettis apart. Also known as derp. Wonderboy caught Pettis on the nose at the end of the first round. That is where the blood was from. That is what probably won the round for him on the scorecards. It was a close round, as was the second. Pettis checked the vast majority of WB's strikes and vice versa. Watch that shit with the sound of if you need to. The last 2 minutes WB started getting a tad more confident and pressed a bit and payed the price. Deal with it.

Back