Just rewatched Khabib V Al Iaquinta. A little less confident in Khabib

Conor's only chance is to KO him before the first takedown, almost all of Khabib opponents turn to shit after they feel his ground game, that's why I was confident in Tony, his crazy ass wouldn't give two shits about being taken down so he would have the same confident in his striking during the whole fight.

Man all that matters is he couldn’t finish al . U have to finish a dude like that especially since he has been so inactive . His previous opponent was Diego . Conor has 25 minutes to finish khabib

I will say Iaquinta is extremely underrated here. The guy has what it takes to be top 5 talent.

With that being said, I think Khabib has a lot of holes in his stand up and McGregor is definitely the guy to take advantage of them.

Mendes had no training camp. Al had a three month camp for Felder.

Mendes is a dwarf who had Conor on his back most of the fight.

Also, Mendes wrecked Conor for half the fight and gassed out. Al was beaten 50-43 and was barely able to touch Khabib.

Mendes had no training camp. Al had a three month camp for Felder.

Mendes is a dwarf who had Conor on his back most of the fight.
Mendes is one of Aldo's best wins X2 and a long time top 3 at FW. Don't shit on the guy and don't shit on that fight.

Al was so focused on stopping the takedown, he got out jabbed by Khabib and was too timid to press any advantage. Conor will quickly realize that any mistake he makes in the striking could be catastrophic. I wonder if this will make him hesitant to throw, even though Khabib will certainly be there to be hit. This will be a very interesting fight.

Al a D1 wrestler been grinding since he was a kid what logic do you have to back that up? That's absurd. Guys who excel at TKD kicks have shit base of gravity. Al would wear Conor's ass out.

1) Al was not even close to a D1 wrestler.

2) It's not inconceivable that Conor could outgrapple Al in an MMA fight. The only time he truly showed a lot of vulnerability to wrestling was with a leg injury against an actual D1 wrestler, and not just your average D1 wrestler, but a truly elite one after not having ANY time to prepare specifically for a wrestler. And even then he defended some takedowns.

1) Al was not even close to a D1 wrestler.

2) It's not inconceivable that Conor could outgrapple Al in an MMA fight. The only time he truly showed a lot of vulnerability to wrestling was with a leg injury against an actual D1 wrestler, and not just your average D1 wrestler, but a truly elite one after not having ANY time to prepare specifically for a wrestler. And even then he defended some takedowns.
My bad a D-2 wrestler like DC, Jones, Blaydes and Covington off the top of my head. No, Conor could not out wrestle Al.

Al Iaquinta is the absolute definition of a journeyman fighter.

He came through one of the most talentless TUF series there ever was. He has no striking at all, he has no mobility or smoothness at all. He is very rigid, even more rigid than the father or rigidity, Khabib Magomedov.

LaQuinta did so well he moved up in rank from #11 to #9 in the most spectacular loss we’ve seen since Gus “beat” Bones.

My bad a D-2 wrestler like DC, Jones, Blaydes and Covington off top of my head. No, Conor could not out wrestle Al.

Bro, are you trolling? Covington and DC were elite D1 wrestlers. Jones and Blaydes were JUCO national champs and would have surely moved on to D1 but stopped their careers early for non-wrestling reasons. Iaquinta wrestled in community college and wasn't a standout.

To be fair Khabib had prepared for someone else. Still,he needs to throw feints,and not recklessly try to get inside. If he can take Conor down and get his back its over.

Also, Mendes wrecked Conor for half the fight and gassed out. Al was beaten 50-43 and was barely able to touch Khabib.
u can clearly see mendes gasping for air every time conor kicks him in the gut, that was the reason he was so gassed, i bet you know that "no training camp " stuff is bullshit but you're just a dishonest conor hater, mendes was on juice and he himself said that he keeps training no matter what cause someone could pull out

Al was so focused on stopping the takedown, he got out jabbed by Khabib and was too timid to press any advantage. Conor will quickly realize that any mistake he makes in the striking could be catastrophic. I wonder if this will make him hesitant to throw, even though Khabib will certainly be there to be hit. This will be a very interesting fight.
Im curious if he will adopt that low stance. It proved to be somewhat effective in keeping Khabib hesitant early on,but they may "plug that hole" in the training.

He came through one of the most talentless TUF series there ever was. He has no striking at all, he has no mobility or smoothness at all. He is very rigid, even more rigid than the father or rigidity, Khabib Magomedov.
He's Darren Elkins tough and won a kickboxing match with Masvidal. Questionable decision but close enough. Al is not an easy fight for anybody.

he also lost that masvidal fight

Back