• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Just rewatched Floyd vs Manny and... I bet €1300 on Mcgregor

I am extremely confident that it's going to be the straight left that drops Floyd. Conor's gonna throw that left hand and it's going to connect early. I have the same feeling I had before he fought Aldo and that feeling is getting stronger the closer we get to the fight. I'm telling you guys, he's going to do it. Berate me all you want.

giphy.gif

I have no doubt that when Conor lands this one it's going to drop him. Floyd might get up, but I firmly believe that once Conor hits him it will definitely be the end or the beginning of the end.

HB9zBd.gif

Back-fade-against-Eddie-Alvarez.gif

I'll post my betslip here in a little while. Gonna bet around 1k on Conor.

#edit: posted betslips

There we go.
Had originally planned to bet €200 on Conor win and €200 each on rounds 1-4, but these betting sites have a winning limit so could only bet a certain number. Probably because I was too late and too many people had bet on Conor. Ended up betting €1300 over 2 sites with 2 accounts.

Conor bless!

IKXa8bh.png

NRlzfI6.png

E4zfKCc.png

KYHbYPE.png

DNjpqWQ.png

yVU14AE.png
sorry off topic but Alvarez should be shot. His punch was thrown out of range to a stationary target.

I am extremely confident that it's going to be the straight left that drops Floyd. Conor's gonna throw that left hand and it's going to connect early. I have the same feeling I had before he fought Aldo and that feeling is getting stronger the closer we get to the fight. I'm telling you guys, he's going to do it. Berate me all you want.

giphy.gif

I have no doubt that when Conor lands this one it's going to drop him. Floyd might get up, but I firmly believe that once Conor hits him it will definitely be the end or the beginning of the end.

HB9zBd.gif

There we go.
Had originally planned to bet €200 on Conor win and €200 each on rounds 1-4, but these betting sites have a winning limit so could only bet a certain number. Probably because I was too late and too many people had bet on Conor. Ended up betting €1300 over 2 sites with 2 accounts.

Conor bless!

IKXa8bh.png

NRlzfI6.png

E4zfKCc.png

KYHbYPE.png

DNjpqWQ.png

yVU14AE.png

Conor Bless you. At least you put your money where your mouth is. Unlike the conor hating bedwetters in here.

giphy.gif

There are a couple of things I notice in this.

For the first clip with MayPac, Floyd is ready for a counter and is already moving back and his chin is tucked. Much of the heat is taken out of the punch by the time it lands and you can see that Floyd's head is rocked very little backwards and his head rocks back from the punch only slightly faster relative to the speed of his body moving back.

Also Manny is smaller and has less reach than Floyd. Everyone automatically assumes that reach is king, but that means they don't understand the finer points of boxing. Many times reach can work against you and vice versa, shorter reach can work for you. In the case of the first clip, Floyd jabs from in the pocket (this is far closer than where MMA typically launch punches). Manny slips and is in the perfect range to extend his punch with power on it. Had Floyd not anticipated and moved away, he would have been caught flush on the end of a perfect punch range for Manny i.e full power. Against a boxer with longer reach, Floyd can quite easily slip past the range where they do most damage. Even if he gets hit with a counter, their punch will be at less than full extension and hence less than full power. Floyd does the right thing against Manny and moves back rather than try to slip the side and Manny gets him with a very angled cross or an extended hook.

Coming to the second clip, Alvarez launches himself from very far away giving Conor ample time to react. Even in this case, since Alvarez is well on the inside by the time Conor slips the punch, Conor can't shoot a cross at full power since it would barely extend. Hence he uses a hook. Conor is also very clever, you can see that he puts his right hand out to feel exactly when Alvarez is in range for his hook counter. As soon as his right hand finger tips feels Alvarez's chest, ONLY THEN does he launch his hook. His right hand's finger tips have given the signal to his brain for the left hand to hone in on exactly the location where Alvarez will be.

The problem for Conor using this against Floyd is that Floyd knows that once he's on this inside range, Conor can't counter with a left hand cross like Manny did. Conor's only option is to counter with a hook like he did with that Alvarez clip, and Floyd knows that. So Floyd would not do the same thing as he did with Manny and move back. That would not work against a rangier opponent as Conor's punch would get him at full extension as he tries to evade back. Rather, Floyd will simply slip to the left and out of the power range of the hook.

Once Floyd gets inside of Conor's deal range for that left hand cross, he only has to worry about Conor's non-existent right (which Floyd can use his left shoulder to stonewall against) and ensure he's closer towards Conor's closed position (to Conor's right) so that he is away from the effective power range of Conor's left hook. Conor does NOT want Floyd to get on this inside range as it completely negates Conor's reach advantage and actually makes it a disadvantage. So Floyd is not wrong that he will press forward. He wants to because it means he's in his own effective distance while being on the inside of Conor's effective distance.

you might be stupid but you posted your bet slips so you defo got my sherdog respect

I just hope you and those who agree with you understand what this means.

If Floyd doesn't completely piece McG up and take him out within three rounds (at most) Floyd is going to look absolutely pathetic.

That is literally the only outcome to this fight that will not make Floyd look like a clown.

Because what you're stating is absolutely true.

Conor has never fought one single professional boxing match in his entire life. And Mayweather is, in the estimation of many, many analysts, the greatest boxer in the history of the sport.

Already looking for your weak moral victories?

Already looking for your weak moral victories?

I'm just being a realist. I'm not saying anything different than what many professional boxers themselves have been saying.

I think the Floyd fanboys are the ones trying to prepare the soft place to land.

You don't have to be a Floyd fanboy to come to the conclusion that Floyd will dictate how the fight goes.

I'm just being a realist. I'm not saying anything different than what many professional boxers themselves have been saying.

I think the Floyd fanboys are the ones trying to prepare the soft place to land.

Account bet on the outcome of the fight? You can have Conor I'll take Floyd.

Based on what? Him being dropped by Chael Sonnen and KO'd stiff by Weidman? Or him KO'ing Chris Leben and Forrest Griffin?

Conor has been beat by Nate Diaz in the stand-up multiple times during their fights, in the "prime" of his career. Please stop.

There are many fights of Anderson in which his striking is displayed. Don't be ridiculous.

Also, bringing up fights 13 and 16 years into Anderson's career, lol. They happened, but, what does that have to do with the striking he's shown previously? You're going to tell me that Conor is a better striker than Cro Cop because he got KO'd by Schaub?

Conor fans want to dismiss other fighters victories using revisionist history. They talk about how Fedor only fought cans in Pride (Herring, Big Nog, Coleman, Schilt, Randleman etc), they'll say oh Heath got beat up by Brock he sucks, not realizing that Heath was a top 5 HW in the world at the time. But, by that same token, they'll say Conor destroyed Max 4 years ago and it's a GREAT win. Max was coming off a loss before the fight and was only in his 9th pro fight at the time in comparison to the 16th of Conor's career.

Conor has the Mendes win, which is whatever, Mendes is a great fighter but we all know the circumstances of that fight. He has Aldo. A legit awesome victory. He has Eddie. Another solid win (at the dropping point for a guys career, its like Weidman vs Anderson 1)

2 guys on his resume that have had a big impact on the MMA landscape in one way or another, that's it. Let's not make him out to be the best thing ever because he's not. He's a great fighter that has potential to be amazing, but there's plenty of unanswered questions and many a doubt. During his reign at HW, nobody questioned whether Fedor was #1. At 185, Nobody Questioned if Anderson was the best. Same for GSP at 170. Or BJ at 155. People aren't even sure if Conor would beat Max in a rematch at 145 or if he'd beat a few different guys at 155. Let's leave it at that.

i think everybody has the same feeling as before the aldo fight. even conor haha

this is a re-enactment of that whole scenario with
-the world tour,
-the mocking and the 'joker' theme from the boxing world.
-hell even the shape of aldo's head is similar...
-the staredown and the demeanor at the pre-fight final press conference... calm, cold ruthless.
-the bruce lee stance at the staredown and even the BOW

all that's left next is for floyd to be a cheeky cunt at the weigh in staredown

And Mayweather is, in the estimation of many, many analysts, the greatest boxer in the history of the sport.

Yeah Floyd should kick his ass. Obvious massive skill gap. But there really are not that many analysts that think Floyd is the greatest boxer in the history of the sport. Pretty much every Boxing annalist knows its SRR. Floyd is usually ranked around 15th

TS

in the first GIF, floyd sees it coming and is rolling back when the punch lands

he is not rushing ala aldo...

Someone please name these "many many analysts" who considered Floyd the greatest of all time. Robinson is generally considered the greatest of all time.

Account bet on the outcome of the fight? You can have Conor I'll take Floyd.

Are you kidding me? I'm saying that anything less than a drubbing by Floyd will be a loss for Floyd and you want me to bet you Conor beats him??

You boxing purists/Conor haters are so far gone it's pathetic.

Yeah Floyd should kick his ass. Obvious massive skill gap. But there really are not that many analysts that think Floyd is the greatest boxer in the history of the sport. Pretty much every Boxing annalist knows its SRR. Floyd is usually ranked around 15th

How about "greatest boxer of his generation"? I've seen that in print a lot.

giphy.gif

HB9zBd.gif

There we go.

Conor bless!

IKXa8bh.png

NRlzfI6.png

E4zfKCc.png

KYHbYPE.png

DNjpqWQ.png

yVU14AE.png

It's your money and all that, but you did an incredibly stupid and uninformed thing.

You let your hope and desire for one man to win cloud your judgment as to what will happen when cold reality hits.

Back