Just paid the plumber in weed and food

How much do you spend on weed?
He probably had a nick sack of englands finest he paid the plumber half that sack and a cheeseburger.
3743_UeV1_reggieweed.jpg

That’s dope. I once tipped my movers with a sack. They found an old stash when packing up my shit and told they couldn’t pack it, so we smoked a blunt right there And then I gave the rest. Bout a half ounce.

But Gangstarr hoodie? You should have flush that shit too.

Damn you paid them in texas weed ouch. That is a decent quantity though.

I'm a bit confused (but maybe I missed the explanation) - did you only realize that you didn't have the money after he arrived, or was it established in advance that bartering could be used for payment?

Either way, if both parties were left happy, then that's great. As another poster mentioned, the bartering economy is gaining alot of momentum and helps foster a sense of community. Several barter sites have popped up in Toronto - I read an article about how people were offering things like a home cooked meal in exchange for handy work, or painting someone's house in exchange for a car mechanic.

The only downside is that the sites needed to be heavily moderated, as an alarming number of people were exchanging sexual favors as a form of payment (there was a site that had the unfortunate name of bunz, which was just asking to be used as an alternative to back page).

I'm a bit confused (but maybe I missed the explanation) - did you only realize that you didn't have the money after he arrived, or was it established in advance that bartering could be used for payment?

Either way, if both parties were left happy, then that's great. As another poster mentioned, the bartering economy is gaining alot of momentum and helps foster a sense of community. Several barter sites have popped up in Toronto - I read an article about how people were offering things like a home cooked meal in exchange for handy work, or painting someone's house in exchange for a car mechanic.

The only downside is that the sites needed to be heavily moderated, as an alarming number of people were exchanging sexual favors as a form of payment (there was a site that had the unfortunate name of bunz, which was just asking to be used as an alternative to back page).
We got talking after he was done. the food was just because he was here at the time and said he'd take a tenner off the price.
But when we got talking about music I gave him heads-up to an awesome website that hosts nearly every 90's hip hop album and 12" release, and then some. Then we spoke about weed, I said do you want some, he started getting his money out but I said nah I won't sell any but I'll gift you some. I was going to pay AND give him weed just cos, but we ended up arguing about it so I gave him a bunch and he wouldn't take my money

That;'
We got talking after he was done. the food was just because he was here at the time and said he'd take a tenner off the price.
But when we got talking about music I gave him heads-up to an awesome website that hosts nearly every 90's hip hop album and 12" release, and then some. Then we spoke about weed, I said do you want some, he started getting his money out but I said nah I won't sell any but I'll gift you some. I was going to pay AND give him weed just cos, but we ended up arguing about it so I gave him a bunch and he wouldn't take my money

That's actually pretty great - I would like to think that what you put out into the world, you get back. You were sincere in your offer of food and weed as just a kind gesture, and it ultimately saved you money on your plumbing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yace
Back