Just now on Fox

Dante of the De

Green Belt
Reaction score
Was watching Family Guy and saw a commercial for a new show on Fox called Free Ride. A character says something alongs these lines
Guy 1:"I'm taking Guatamalan Jiu-Jitsu Classes"
Guy 2:"Why would you do that?"
Guy 1:"Dude, those jews know how to fight"

Then it cuts to a clip of a 6'4 huge bald guy picking up Guy 1 and body slamming him. Seems like BJJ is getting more mainstream every day, first that Emily's Reasons why not show, now these. Even if both are miserable excuses for shows, its still something that its getting mentioned.

Anyone know anything about the show?

Dante of the De said:
Was watching Family Guy and saw a commercial for a new show on Fox called Free Ride. A character says something alongs these lines
Guy 1:"I'm taking Guatamalan Jiu-Jitsu Classes"
Guy 2:"Why would you do that?"
Guy 1:"Dude, those jews know how to fight"

Then it cuts to a clip of a 6'4 huge bald guy picking up Guy 1 and body slamming him. Seems like BJJ is getting more mainstream every day, first that Emily's Reasons why not show, now these. Even if both are miserable excuses for shows, its still something that its getting mentioned.

Anyone know anything about the show?

Sounds like a show that's gonna get canceled after 1 episode :D

I saw that. You're right, there are more and more references to BJJ in pop culture.

I'm all about the midwestern united states Jiu-Jitsu, or musjj for short.

It involves a lot of alligator death rolls.

I really don't think it has anything to do with BJJ being popular. Besides Karate, JuJitsu is probably the easiest martial art name to alter to make fun of martial arts.

The reality is that no matter what martial art you say.. people think bruce lee.. people think Flying kicks, punches, and the death touch...

physicaltherapy said:
Sounds like a show that's gonna get canceled after 1 episode :D

Already got cancelled once, and they had to bring it back. You can't kill it.

Gsoares2 said:
The reality is that no matter what martial art you say.. people think bruce lee.. people think Flying kicks, punches, and the death touch...
This is very true. It is extremely painful trying to explain what we do to someone. I don't even try anymore. You are better off calling it Judo or Wrestling, or saying it

triso said:
This is very true. It is extremely painful trying to explain what we do to someone. I don't even try anymore. You are better off calling it Judo or Wrestling, or saying it

^^LMFAO

Gsoares2 said:
How do you know about the death touch! *disappears*

Back