Just how good was Wanderlei Silva?

Excuses

marktwain1-2x.jpg

Poor analysis, jus´like the one about Tamura...
Try to helax and watch more fights b4 talkin´dude, then you´ll know the difference between excuses and context.

Tamura vs Babalu 1.png

Tamura vs Babalu 2.png

Last edited:
Jones
Gustafson
DC
Mousasi
Rory Macdonald

Anderson Silva
Chael Sonnen
Bader

OSP
Reyes
Latiffi
Volkan
GSP
Woodley
Romero
Branch
Whittaker
Gastelum
Rockhold

Jan Blachowicz

Just off the top of my head... if any of these guys fought 2003 Wanderlei in a cage next week at any weight/catch weight, he loses

And trust me; that’s just the top of the iceberg - if I cared more about your opinion then I’d list 50 more

Most of these guys are either not 205ers or aren't in the UFC. The names in bold are either not 205ers or aren't in the UFC which is what we were discussing. 2003 Wanderlei would beat most of these people too some of them he would completely destroy like Rory. I said LHW and HW have regressed not MMA as a whole and we were talking about UFC fighters. Stay on the same topic please, this is not what we were talking about.

Last edited:
I appreciate what you’re saying, but even so - its a different game now.

Volkan versus Wanderlei in Pride in 2003 in a ring, maybe he loses - but I wouldn’t bet on it.

Volkan versus a 2003 Wanderlei in UFC next week in a cage, Volkan wins 9/10.

LMAO, this is hilarious.

Wand is one of those guys who've become underrated on here because most posters weren't even watching MMA when Wand was considered the consensus #1 205er in the world for nearly half a decade. Dude was a natural MW who took fights at HW and held his own
this.
Only those who saw him during his heydays would understand.
Wandi was nicknamed the Ax murderer for a reason. And the nick fits!!!

Wanderlei did all this ALSO for the fans which he admires

It exist a gif of him after an old fight him with big blue/red swollen eye dancing to the crowd right after fight out of the ring.

That Mad Dog : -)

Back