Just had a really fun UFC bonding experience with my grand father in law

13 others

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Me and my wife decided to visit her parents over the week since we our both off for Christmas holidays. Her grandfather (moms side) is currently living in the basement with her parents because he is old and his wife just passed away last year and they didn't want him living alone so he sold his house and move into the basement.

The week was relatively boring, classic xmas holidays with the inlaws.. we went and did some sight seeing in Old Quebec (her parents live just outside of Quebec City), watched some christmas movies, and went to the mall. Last night we were all watching Christmas with the Kranks and I noticed that her grandfather was on his laptop watching some videos on mute, trying not to disturb anybody. I was losing focus on the movie so I looked over on his Laptop and I noticed he was watching a torrent of UFC 205, and he was in the middle of Cerrone vs Story.

I let him know immediately that if he wanted to watch old fights that he should buy Fight Pass for 9.99 a month instead of illegally downloading the fights because it is illegal, and if you really like the sport you should support the organization so the fighters see returns.He immediately got defensive and told me to mind my own business. I was a little shocked and I told him to watch his mouth. At this point the whole family is staring at us, and the movie is on pause. I could tell that my GF was mad at me for starting shit with her grump grandfather. I tried to calm the situation but at one point her grandfather just flipped and challenged me to a fight!

No way I was going to back down to some 65 year old, overweight, dickhead. So I stand up and get in his face, he is about 5'7 and I am about 6'1 so I start to feel confident and gave him my meanest face. I thought for sure he was going to back down but I found out later that he trained at Tri-star for like 10 years and rumor has it he used to give GSP a little bit of a challenge when they used to spar. Anyways, he initiates a grappling exchange out of nowhere and I immediately feel his old man strength and realize I might be in trouble. Luckily for me my gf's parents split us up, and her dad is FURIOUS!! Her dad starts freaking out and runs up stairs and comes down dressed in all black and has a fake big john mccarthy type facial hair glued to his face. He says that we are going to fight three rounds and goes over the rules with us quickly. The classic no eye gouges, no 12-6 elbows, no grabbing on the sofas to better our positions etc.

Keep in mind I have no MMA experience, but I am in too deep to back down now. Anyways her dad (acting like big john) hits a spoon against a beer glass to sound the bell. I come into the middle of the living room and immediately hit her grandfather, his name is Rick by the way, with a nasty left that wobbled him right away. The old man shoots in for a double leg takedown and sticks it because I have terrible TDD, I thought we were just going to stand and trade. I play a lot of UFC 2, so I try and wrap my legs around his torso to keep him close to my body and maybe lock in a triangle. He gets into side control with ease, at this point I realize that I am kind of like Sage Northcutt and her Grandfather like Gall. He puts me into a side triangle and I am close to passing out but I roll into it and end up getting out, I get full mount instantly and notice her grandfather is a little a little winder. I rain down one elbow which opens him up and big john (her dad) gives me a warning for an illegal elbow. I decide to stand up and let her grandpa up because I am quicker on the feet.

Her grandpa hits me with a high left kick and I went flying back into the wall and knocked down a signed picture of Tito Ortiz burying Ken Shamrock after he knocked him out at UFC Fight Night 6.5. I am seeing stars so I put her grandad in a clinch and start feeding him knees and I think I knocked one of his teeth out.. I shoot in for a double leg of my own but I find myself with my head between his legs in some weird ass position and my knees on the ground cause I literally have no game other than stasnd up. He tries to put me into a Japanese kneck tie, but I block it and reach up to grab his arm that is right there above my head to put him into a last ditch Kimura submission attempt. To my suprise he doesn't defend and I start cranking his arm as hard as I can. He starts screaming, and it turns out I had his large penis in a kimura. It wasn't even his arm! This thing had a lot of girth so I was very suprised to find out it wasn't his arm. He is screaming in pain, and I refuse to let go unless he taps. He tries to pull out but there is no way I am letting go. He taps and her dad splits us up. My GF ran into my arms and started kissing me and I ensured her that I was okay.

Obviously, the lead up to this fight was heated but her mom interviewed me after the fight on Facebook Live and I gave her grandfather a shoutout and said I was willing to bury this beef if he was. He went onto Twitter from his basement computer and tweeted that I have a promising future with my wife and her family and that he respects me as a man, and was glad to have fought me. Alot of people that hear about this fight say it was a cheap submission but I had to do what I had to do and I had no other options. I am very happy that I won, and now I have to find a new poster frame to replace the one I broke with the Tito picture inside of it.

Overall it was a cool bonding experience and now I am thinking of taking some BJJ classes to improve my ground game

Should someone tell him he was molested....?

I don't believe a word of this.

An old man, knowing how to torrent? Old people don't even know how to use Facebook.

0b4.jpg

lol TS got owned by an old man.

To be fair he is pretty stalky and has a lot of power still, even in his old age. He also has a lot of MMA experience, and I held my own. It is likely that if we were both the same age that he would of beat me soundly, but I am glad that I didn't get to banged up.

Nope, I don't believe this at all.

No way you didn't tap, buddeh.

Me and my wife decided to visit her parents over the week since we our both off for Christmas holidays. Her grandfather (moms side) is currently living in the basement with her parents because he is old and his wife just passed away last year and they didn't want him living alone so he sold his house and move into the basement.

The week was relatively boring, classic xmas holidays with the inlaws.. we went and did some sight seeing in Old Quebec (her parents live just outside of Quebec City), watched some christmas movies, and went to the mall. Last night we were all watching Christmas with the Kranks and I noticed that her grandfather was on his laptop watching some videos on mute, trying not to disturb anybody. I was losing focus on the movie so I looked over on his Laptop and I noticed he was watching a torrent of UFC 205, and he was in the middle of Cerrone vs Story.

I let him know immediately that if he wanted to watch old fights that he should buy Fight Pass for 9.99 a month instead of illegally downloading the fights because it is illegal, and if you really like the sport you should support the organization so the fighters see returns.He immediately got defensive and told me to mind my own business. I was a little shocked and I told him to watch his mouth. At this point the whole family is staring at us, and the movie is on pause. I could tell that my GF was mad at me for starting shit with her grump grandfather. I tried to calm the situation but at one point her grandfather just flipped and challenged me to a fight!

No way I was going to back down to some 65 year old, overweight, dickhead. So I stand up and get in his face, he is about 5'7 and I am about 6'1 so I start to feel confident and gave him my meanest face. I thought for sure he was going to back down but I found out later that he trained at Tri-star for like 10 years and rumor has it he used to give GSP a little bit of a challenge when they used to spar. Anyways, he initiates a grappling exchange out of nowhere and I immediately feel his old man strength and realize I might be in trouble. Luckily for me my gf's parents split us up, and her dad is FURIOUS!! Her dad starts freaking out and runs up stairs and comes down dressed in all black and has a fake big john mccarthy type facial hair glued to his face. He says that we are going to fight three rounds and goes over the rules with us quickly. The classic no eye gouges, no 12-6 elbows, no grabbing on the sofas to better our positions etc.

Keep in mind I have no MMA experience, but I am in too deep to back down now. Anyways her dad (acting like big john) hits a spoon against a beer glass to sound the bell. I come into the middle of the living room and immediately hit her grandfather, his name is Rick by the way, with a nasty left that wobbled him right away. The old man shoots in for a double leg takedown and sticks it because I have terrible TDD, I thought we were just going to stand and trade. I play a lot of UFC 2, so I try and wrap my legs around his torso to keep him close to my body and maybe lock in a triangle. He gets into side control with ease, at this point I realize that I am kind of like Sage Northcutt and her Grandfather like Gall. He puts me into a side triangle and I am close to passing out but I roll into it and end up getting out, I get full mount instantly and notice her grandfather is a little a little winder. I rain down one elbow which opens him up and big john (her dad) gives me a warning for an illegal elbow. I decide to stand up and let her grandpa up because I am quicker on the feet.

Her grandpa hits me with a high left kick and I went flying back into the wall and knocked down a signed picture of Tito Ortiz burying Ken Shamrock after he knocked him out at UFC Fight Night 6.5. I am seeing stars so I put her grandad in a clinch and start feeding him knees and I think I knocked one of his teeth out.. I shoot in for a double leg of my own but I find myself with my head between his legs in some weird ass position and my knees on the ground cause I literally have no game other than stasnd up. He tries to put me into a Japanese kneck tie, but I block it and reach up to grab his arm that is right there above my head to put him into a last ditch Kimura submission attempt. To my suprise he doesn't defend and I start cranking his arm as hard as I can. He starts screaming, and it turns out I had his large penis in a kimura. It wasn't even his arm! This thing had a lot of girth so I was very suprised to find out it wasn't his arm. He is screaming in pain, and I refuse to let go unless he taps. He tries to pull out but there is no way I am letting go. He taps and her dad splits us up. My GF ran into my arms and started kissing me and I ensured her that I was okay.

Obviously, the lead up to this fight was heated but her mom interviewed me after the fight on Facebook Live and I gave her grandfather a shoutout and said I was willing to bury this beef if he was. He went onto Twitter from his basement computer and tweeted that I have a promising future with my wife and her family and that he respects me as a man, and was glad to have fought me. Alot of people that hear about this fight say it was a cheap submission but I had to do what I had to do and I had no other options. I am very happy that I won, and now I have to find a new poster frame to replace the one I broke with the Tito picture inside of it.

Overall it was a cool bonding experience and now I am thinking of taking some BJJ classes to improve my ground game
this didnt happpen

Back