Multiplatform Just got Yakuza 6

I took a break from Like a Dragon a few months back (I seem to play these games in spurts) but tempted to switch to Ishin or Judgement for a change before I go back since they're both on sale and aren't in the same story line. Hmmm.

Judgement and LAD is fine but Lost Judgement does have a major spoilers for LAD. So I wouldn't play Lost Judgement before finishing LAD.

I took a break from Like a Dragon a few months back (I seem to play these games in spurts) but tempted to switch to Ishin or Judgement for a change before I go back since they're both on sale and aren't in the same story line. Hmmm.

Finish LAD bro. I have only played 3 games in the series but it's my fave game. Probably cause it's a JRPG and Ichiban is superior to Kiryu IMHO. Come at me sherbro's.

Finish LAD bro. I have only played 3 games in the series but it's my fave game. Probably cause it's a JRPG and Ichiban is superior to Kiryu IMHO. Come at me sherbro's.

I'd go Kiryu, but just about. He's just the goddamn man.

Ichiban is incredibly likeable and brilliantly voice acted.

Yagami was very good in Judgment, but I found him to be grating and overly sentimental in Lost Judgment.

I'd go Kiryu, but just about. He's just the goddamn man.

Ichiban is incredibly likeable and brilliantly voice acted.

Yagami was very good in Judgment, but I found him to be grating and overly sentimental in Lost Judgment.

Kiryu is stoic and boring. Ichiban has charisma, heart, passion which Kiryu doesn't.

Kiryu is stoic and boring. Ichiban has charisma, heart, passion which Kiryu doesn't.

That's what I love about Kiryu. He's like that dad from the 80's who loves his son but has probably told him that like 3 times in his life.

The thing I don't like about Ichiban is they kind of just made him a new age Kiryu. It's like when they modernize your local mcdonalds. It's still serving the same hamburgers but now the store looks modern. It's a small nitpick because overall he still is Kiryu in many ways just with a louder personality. So I do like him but just kind of wish they would have made him different in more ways then "I'm Kiryu but with a louder personality".

Kiryu is more of a "man", a socially repressed but highly principled one man army who has suffered, struggled and self-sacrificed for his family and friends more than once throughout the series. I'd say that he has lots of heart, he went through the three lieutenants in Zero and he went to jail for his best friend for ten years in 1/Kiwami. He's very much a straight man though, his humour comes from the awkwardness that he gets from mentals around him.

I really like Ichiban too, but he's more of a team player and more keen to go along with the madness.

Kiryu is more of a "man", a socially repressed but highly principled one man army who has suffered, struggled and self-sacrificed for his family and friends more than once throughout the series. I'd say that he has lots of heart, he went through the three lieutenants in Zero and he went to jail for his best friend for ten years in 1/Kiwami. He's very much a straight man though, his humour comes from the awkwardness that he gets from mentals around him.

I really like Ichiban too, but he's more of a team player and more keen to go along with the madness.

Well said better than I could explain.

That's what I love about Kiryu. He's like that dad from the 80's who loves his son but has probably told him that like 3 times in his life.

The thing I don't like about Ichiban is they kind of just made him a new age Kiryu. It's like when they modernize your local mcdonalds. It's still serving the same hamburgers but now the store looks modern. It's a small nitpick because overall he still is Kiryu in many ways just with a louder personality. So I do like him but just kind of wish they would have made him different in more ways then "I'm Kiryu but with a louder personality".

I think that Kiryu and Ichiban are two sides of the same coin.

They are both brave, both selfless, tenacious and principled.

It's just that Ichibans character makes up for Kiryus dominance. Ichiban is weaker and a bit of a fool who inspires people through his good heart and is able to struggle and stumble through obstacles, whilst Kiryu is a pillar of solo strength, brute force and dignity, whose struggles come from family tragedy in the main missions and embarrassment from others in side missions. As cool as Majima is in Kiwami, the best part of that game was him goofing off whilst driving Kiryu nuts.

I also think that Kiryus development has been built slower than Ichibans. Without trying to spoil it, Ichibans character has pretty much been established throughout LaD and Infinite Wealth, whilst Kiryu has had far more stages to his character over the course of several games. Kiwami is just the start, and as I progressed through the series, the constants between the games that provide a lot of the series heartbreak became more and more clear.

The man just deserves a happy ending.

Back